This NGD is the culmination of many years, with A LOT of backstory, though I will keep it as brief as possible.

My wife and I 'officially' retired a few years ago. Since then, we've been downsizing, and reevaluating what's important to us; living on a retired budget brings such things more into focus ;)

After deciding to keep only that which is "needed", I sold off most of my bass gear, using the money to buy a new guitar and amp. "One guitar, one amp" is all I really need since I've not played guitar in a band for at least 10-years. Still playing bass, I kept two, and a Fender Rumble amp. My "One Guitar" choice was a new PRS CE24, leaving enough for a Boss Nextone amp. With those two, I can get a lot done, quite happily(!)

A few weeks later we sold my truck ("letting go is hard to do...") as we no longer need two vehicles. Softening the blow of loosing such a trusty old friend, my wife agreed to a special purchase-- my dream guitar-- Custom 24! But that felt a bit redundant having just purchased the CE24. I did look around for one with without the thin neck, but no luck. Also, I really like the CE24 and wanted something that would complement rather than duplicate it. A no-brainer decision then-- DGT it is. I've had my eye on those since first reading about its introduction in Vintage Guitar Magazine way back when.

Found one! Just the right color! A great price! Happy day :D

Then UPS "lost" it in Portland.

Sacpqnk.jpg

Three days after opening an investigation into its whereabouts, it was "found" and delivered-- yesterday!

cKxb1aO.jpg

As a traditional kind of guy I'd normally go for a low key, traditional finish. But this one is special, something completely different. Inspired by my favorite surroundings:

9X6YrPS.jpg

Each morning I get up before sunrise to spend a few hours hiking/walking here, calibrating myself for the day ahead...

fSqtppO.jpg

An Eriza Verde finish was a must, and not easily found on a DGT.

Now my, "Just Enough" is complete. These two guitars will more than cover all my favorite tones, and while being very similar instruments, they are different enough. Concerning the title, "Final NGD", that's part of the agreement with my loving wife ;)

nJkBX1P.jpg

Can't end this without recognizing Keith Williams of 5-Watt-World fame. While I've been downsizing for some time now, I stumbled upon 5WW when researching which guitar to have as my one & only. Many of his videos spoke to exactly to what I was going though, which I was thrilled to find; "Someone else with radical-GAS theories!" Ha! His remaining videos are pretty great too; histories of the "___" guitar/bass. Now there's a guy I'd like to share a few beers and swap stories with ;)

Enough internet for the day.

Time to actually play my new guitars :D

~M
Gotta say one more time, these are two great guitars the OP has!!!

Thanks all!

Probably should have mentioned at the beginning, I don't believe there's anything wrong with having a large collection of guitars, or whatever items a person enjoys. It's always a kick to see folks here post their collections.

For me though, I had become too focused on the guitar, amp, pedal, etc. and less on making music. Again, nothing wrong with that, but making music and playing with others was/is my goal; having lots of stuff to fuss over, and maintain, ultimately became a distraction; burdensome in many cases.

Since I was downsizing in other areas of my life, it was only natural that it would eventually lead to guitars.

Imagining what my ideal situation would be: one or two quality guitars, a good sounding dependable amp, and a simple multi-effects unit for use when playing direct.
My vision is two fold:
1) Kicking back at home in a comfy chair, playing along with my favorite albums, while looking out the window, watching the deer, birds and squirrel in our back yard.
2) Playing small gigs with buddies just for fun.

Yep, that's my ideal situation ;)

Now, trying to find a good gig-bag/soft case to replace that half-ton lead-lined hard case that came with the DGT LOL!

Okay, time to grab a guitar and queue up the "James Gang Rides Again" album... the amp setting on 6V6 this morning I think :)

Thanks all!

Probably should have mentioned at the beginning, I don't believe there's anything wrong with having a large collection of guitars, or whatever items a person enjoys. It's always a kick to see folks here post their collections.

For me though, I had become too focused on the guitar, amp, pedal, etc. and less on making music. Again, nothing wrong with that, but making music and playing with others was/is my goal; having lots of stuff to fuss over, and maintain, ultimately became a distraction; burdensome in many cases.

Since I was downsizing in other areas of my life, it was only natural that it would eventually lead to guitars.

Imagining what my ideal situation would be: one or two quality guitars, a good sounding dependable amp, and a simple multi-effects unit for use when playing direct.
My vision is two fold:
1) Kicking back at home in a comfy chair, playing along with my favorite albums, while looking out the window, watching the deer, birds and squirrel in our back yard.
2) Playing small gigs with buddies just for fun.

Yep, that's my ideal situation ;)

Now, trying to find a good gig-bag/soft case to replace that half-ton lead-lined hard case that came with the DGT LOL!

Okay, time to grab a guitar and queue up the "James Gang Rides Again" album... the amp setting on 6V6 this morning I think :)
Whoop!!!!!!!

That is the most gorgeous PRS I ever did see. I am not kidding. I have seen quite a few but this one is in first place. OMG the colour is spectacular. Lime green or whatever you want to call it is my very own personal power color. Even when I wear this colour(I have plenty of lime green clothes lol) the colour absolutely empowers me.

The nicest PRS ever! I could sit and look at this for a long time and not even play it. Lol

Congratulations on owning the nicest PRS I have ever seen. I though my blue was gorgeous but now it’s very mundane compared to this.
Plenty of awesome looking Eriza Green PRSes out there. Don't let your dreams stay dreams!

Back