Silly Private Stock question

Solteroblues

So this is probably a silly question, but what do you PS owners do with your spec sheet? I don't want to fold it up, and I'm afraid of leaving it just in the case on top of the neck will damage it, too... so what do you guys do with yours?

I put them in a small document box in one of the bookshelves in my studio.

The obsession with hang tags, certificates, 'case candy' and all that stuff is kind of a head-scratcher. I don't get it, but I realize it's a thing people are into. I figure if my kids want to sell the guitars after I croak, the inevitable question 'Do you still have the certificate and other junk that came with the guitar?' will arise.

I suppose saving them is a courtesy to whoever gets the guitars and decides to sell? o_O

Last edited:
You can get replacement birth certificates. Not so much on the paper from PRS.
Think of it this way: It's easier to make new people than a PS, and there's a shorter wait for a new person after you...uh...place your order.

140 Million people are made each year. Only a few thousand private stocks were made in the last 25 years.

People are a dime a dozen compared to a PS. ;)

Plus, PS guitars have serial numbers painted right on the darn things. We know where they were made. If you have one, you can call PRS and find out about it, just not get a certificate.

People don't come with numbers. Yet they have to be kept track of. Who knows where they were made? Even the parents don't always know...

"Did we make young Barbie on our vacation in the South of France or when we got home?"

"Um...I wasn't in the South of France with you."

"Oooops!" ;)

Last edited:
Think of it this way: It's easier to make new people than a PS, and there's a shorter wait for a new person after you...uh...place your order.

140 Million people are made each year. Only a few thousand private stocks were made in the last 25 years.

People are a dime a dozen compared to a PS. ;)

Plus, PS guitars have serial numbers painted right on the darn things. We know where they were made. If you have one, you can call PRS and find out about it, just not get a certificate.

People don't come with numbers. Yet they have to be kept track of. Who knows where they were made? Even the parents don't always know...

"Did we make young Barbie on our vacation in the South of France or when we got home?"

"Um...I wasn't in the South of France with you."

"Oooops!" ;)
You're on a roll!

I work on guitars...so I order pickguards from time to time. I have these cool little stiff cardboard pouches they come in and they are the perfect size for storing your COA and envelope keeping them looking like new along with any other case paperwork you might have. I only have 2 PS guitars..but that's how I store mine anyway. I'm sure you can find those cardboard shipping envelopes in stores.

I work on guitars...so I order pickguards from time to time. I have these cool little stiff cardboard pouches they come in and they are the perfect size for storing your COA and envelope keeping them looking like new along with any other case paperwork you might have. I only have 2 PS guitars..but that's how I store mine anyway. I'm sure you can find those cardboard shipping envelopes in stores.
"Only" have two..

Once you buy your first one...it gets easier. lol. When you consider some of the other guys on here I'm at rookie numbers.
You get the first PS after you make junior partner in the lawfirm, the second when you are senior partner and after that yearly with the varying bonussus. If you are a dentist you have to wait untill you expand your practice to get the first and the second will get there after you sell your practices and retire.

Not shure though how it works with surgeons? Something with recidency I guess?

Back