Show your pedal boards here!

Screamingdaisy, how much do you use the pedal to adjust speed (I assume it affects only speed)? I would normally just look for a traditional stompbox pedal solution where you set-and-forget the rate, but if the treadle allows on-the-fly adjustments that could be uber cool.

Honestly, in hindsight I found the Mini Deja-Vibe more convenient. The knob on it could still be operated by my foot and it provided a quick visual reference of the speed. I could set the speed before the song and just turn it on and off.

I got the treadle version because in a couple of songs I wanted to be able to ramp the speed up and down easier. Slow chorus and fast lead kind of deal. It works great, but with no visual reference I have to guess at the position by feel and set the speed audibly, which can be difficult when there's a lot going on.

Long story short, if you want set and forget and consistency then get the pedal shaped version. If you want to Adjust on the fly, go for the treadle.

So I recently posted a new board I built up as an adjunct to my small gigging board.

A few of those pedals came from my main home board that runs into my Archon, both of which get ignored a lot because I simply play too many gigs or practices to mess around in the big music room.

I had another secondary board in front of my Fender HRDX. I harvested a couple more pedals from the main board to see if I could get a good "instrumental surf music" board that also supported Gilmouresque tones when I wanted.

This is what the main board ended up looking like after the raids:

20160625_115353_1024_zpsa6n6p0wz.jpg

I then realized I could swap roles: put everything left over onto the big board, co-locate my HRDX and Archon so I can swap amps whenever I want. This what I ended up with:

20160625_114900_1024_zps1arb2eeu.jpg

A few pedals aren't velcroed down yet, and I really (really!) need to tidy up the wiring underneath, but I wanted to see how I liked it before doing cable management.

This is the overall look of that corner of the music/HT room now, with both amps and a few off-board pedals:

20160625_114927_1024_zpszdzwgzjj.jpg

I had grabbed the Akerfeldt to demo/test the new configuration as I was inspired by listening to the somewhat recent release of Opeth's Deliverance/Damnation in 5.1 while I re-arranged.

I still need to figure out how to re-arrange vocal stuff and the rack with additional effects for vox and guitar (the guitar rack effects get rarely used now), which are still on the opposite of the room, which looks like the aftermath of a smash and grab...

So I recently posted a new board I built up as an adjunct to my small gigging board.

A few of those pedals came from my main home board that runs into my Archon, both of which get ignored a lot because I simply play too many gigs or practices to mess around in the big music room.

I had another secondary board in front of my Fender HRDX. I harvested a couple more pedals from the main board to see if I could get a good "instrumental surf music" board that also supported Gilmouresque tones when I wanted.

This is what the main board ended up looking like after the raids:

20160625_115353_1024_zpsa6n6p0wz.jpg

I then realized I could swap roles: put everything left over onto the big board, co-locate my HRDX and Archon so I can swap amps whenever I want. This what I ended up with:

20160625_114900_1024_zps1arb2eeu.jpg

A few pedals aren't velcroed down yet, and I really (really!) need to tidy up the wiring underneath, but I wanted to see how I liked it before doing cable management.

This is the overall look of that corner of the music/HT room now, with both amps and a few off-board pedals:

20160625_114927_1024_zpszdzwgzjj.jpg

I had grabbed the Akerfeldt to demo/test the new configuration as I was inspired by listening to the somewhat recent release of Opeth's Deliverance/Damnation in 5.1 while I re-arranged.

I still need to figure out how to re-arrange vocal stuff and the rack with additional effects for vox and guitar (the guitar rack effects get rarely used now), which are still on the opposite of the room, which looks like the aftermath of a smash and grab...

Nice!

I was able to squeeze a gnarly fuzz pedal on here and I swapped out a Cool Cat tremolo for the Throbby since I posted in this thread a long while ago. I was getting a little bit of distortion from the cool cat when I would really dig in. Been playing it like this for a couple months now with no desire to change anything...which is good!!
image_zps2lbpizsp.jpeg

I was able to squeeze a gnarly fuzz pedal on here and I swapped out a Cool Cat tremolo for the Throbby since I posted in this thread a long while ago. I was getting a little bit of distortion from the cool cat when I would really dig in. Been playing it like this for a couple months now with no desire to change anything...which is good!!
image_zps2lbpizsp.jpeg

What a great board!

image_zps2lbpizsp.jpeg
That looks like a fun and capable board!

image_zps2lbpizsp.jpeg

Nice looking board! I think I'd need an extra foot or two to master that one!:)

Nice looking board! I think I'd need an extra foot or two to master that one!:)
It's not so bad.... Most everything is always on and you just make your way through premade presets one click at a time.

20160627_000124.jpg

Nothing particularly fancy. I do find that running the T2 into the RV600 shimmer gives a nice fat ambience. I've got the volume pedal at the end rather than the beginning so that it doesn't defeat the guitar volume knob as a gain control. Overall a fairly simple set up, but gets her done.

Last edited:
20160627_000124.jpg

Nothing particularly fancy. I do find that running the T2 into the RV600 shimmer gives a nice fat ambience. I've got the volume pedal at the end rather than the beginning so that it doesn't defeat the guitar volume knob as a gain control. Overall a fairly simple set up, but gets her done.

I like it. Actually, the whole arrangement is pretty darn well thought out, and it's interesting!

Nice board! How does the Mesa sound?

I assume we're talking the overdrive and not the amps?

Smooth. When I first plugged it in it reminded me of a TS-808 I had years ago... had a similar "warm" or "buttery" sort of thing going on. It's not as stiff as some Tubescreamers I've had, nor as bright (although I've yet to push the tone past 12:00, so maybe it can get as bright). It's essentially a Langraff Dynamic OD with a Timmy clipping arraignment and some quality parts, so it has more headroom and higher fidelity than your typical TS.

Mostly I picked it up because in a world where everything is voiced to sound good through a Marshall or Fender it can be a little frustrating finding something that sounds and/or feels right through a Mesa. Through the Recto, it both sounds and feels like it's part of the amp. I don't feel like I'm playing through a pedal at all.

Through the clean channels (Tweed and Blackface) it has a minor mid hump and adds a touch of grind without altering the sound too much. Through the lead channel (Vintage) it adds some upper mid presence and somehow cuts through the gain to make it seem bigger, louder and fuller. Through the rhythm channel (Modern) it gives the clanky midrange sound that's popular in modern metal. Makes my wah explode through the amp.

I haven't really put it and the Electra Dyne through their paces yet. That's a tomorrow task.

I assume we're talking the overdrive and not the amps?

Smooth. When I first plugged it in it reminded me of a TS-808 I had years ago... had a similar "warm" or "buttery" sort of thing going on. It's not as stiff as some Tubescreamers I've had, nor as bright (although I've yet to push the tone past 12:00, so maybe it can get as bright). It's essentially a Langraff Dynamic OD with a Timmy clipping arraignment and some quality parts, so it has more headroom and higher fidelity than your typical TS.

Mostly I picked it up because in a world where everything is voiced to sound good through a Marshall or Fender it can be a little frustrating finding something that sounds and/or feels right through a Mesa. Through the Recto, it both sounds and feels like it's part of the amp. I don't feel like I'm playing through a pedal at all.

Through the clean channels (Tweed and Blackface) it has a minor mid hump and adds a touch of grind without altering the sound too much. Through the lead channel (Vintage) it adds some upper mid presence and somehow cuts through the gain to make it seem bigger, louder and fuller. Through the rhythm channel (Modern) it gives the clanky midrange sound that's popular in modern metal. Makes my wah explode through the amp.

I haven't really put it and the Electra Dyne through their paces yet. That's a tomorrow task.
Great write up, the flux five is on my list.
They look like quality pedals.

Hey guys! Just down sized my pedal board and got rid of some pedals in the rack drawer that I wasn't using. Got rid of the Keeley compressor pro bcs I don't have a clean channel any more and I'm OK with that! I'm using a Marshall Friedman modded SL (single channel) and at first I didn't like the amp all that much, but after playing it for two months and doing a week worth of shows - I love it. It's actually a little liberating to not have to do channel switching (even the is super easy with my tc electronic g system) I just now rely on the volume knob and when I need a more cleaner sound I use coil tap in the neck position.

I was debating for a wile if I wanted to go full two amp head setup for live shows, and though it's very awesome to have that much options, it's hard to move it all around. I finally decided to abandon the idea and just stick to using one amp . But I'm totally down for running two heads at home, thats always a sweet option.

Heres my newly revised setup.

z4Uzmkj.jpg

hljE7iY.jpg

aeQlLNN.jpg

Back