Show your pedal boards here!

Updates. Got a Drybell Vibe Machine and a midi controller from Molten Voltage for the Whammy. The Drybell is amazing. It bumped the Picklevibe to the mini board. Also picked up the SP comp and an envelope filter. I need to solder some new cables for the mini board. Want the new Turbo Tuner to make room on the board for the midi switch and access to the dry bell expression pedal jack.

Hey very cool idea, have two boards! I love everything lovepedal makes!

Ho

How do you like the line6 ? What did you have before? Man I if been growing an urge to try one, but for me I almost have to buy one and hook it up to my rig to really know. Anyhow nice setup.

I had a huge ammount of pedals on this same board before. I also had a Line6 HD500X. I found myself needed parts of both. The HD500X only had a single effects loop though. The Helix has 4. It was the perfect marriage.

I am really loving the helix though. Super easy to use and the modeling is done very well. And i am pleased that it takes impulse responses. I have gotten some really killer tones out of it. It even acts like it should when rolling down the volume on the guitar.

I am really loving the helix though. Super easy to use and the modeling is done very well. And i am pleased that it takes impulse responses. I have gotten some really killer tones out of it. It even acts like it should when rolling down the volume on the guitar.

One very nice thing about the Helix is the design work that went into it. It's gorgeous! You have to give props to Yamaha (I think they're the company that bought Line 6); so many of their instrument designs are beautifully done, going back to the days of the DX7, TX816, etc. A good example is what a nice piece of design work the foot treadle is.

I haven't heard one in person, so can't say for sure, but the clips I've heard from Pete Thorn made it sound good. And I'm "that guy who strongly prefers analog."

Frankly, I'd rock one of those just for the modulation and delay effects and the loops, even if I turned off the amp models, if I didn't have a loaded-up Eventide H9 already. The limitation of the H9, of course, is that it can only do one effect at a time.

Anyway, your setup is quite the showpiece! Thumbs up!

My 2 year old's favorite play toy.......oooooooh lights and buttons!! I'm safe until he learns to peel masking tape:eek:
pedalboard1_zpslwzlomjt.jpg

I had one of those gigs that really puts the beat-down on your rig. No, it wasn't an outdoor summer gig in the middle of a gravel parking lot in uncovered 110 degree heat, but inside a smoking venue (sadly, one still exist in Indiana), and on a stage that is covered in a muck that would confound the finest CSI unit. It was unavoidable...you had to step on the stage and this gunk was everywhere underfoot. Probably years of spilled beer, fruity drinks (there's a little Sergio in all of us), sweat, puke, probably blood, Lock Ness monster pee, Lindbergh baby drool, etc. all making the evil swill coating my stuff. If took a couple of hours to completely strip the board, clean the pedals and cables, and reassemble.

dirtypolytune.jpg

The job must have been at least partially successful because a friend found the board very alluring...

pedalboardcat2.jpg

Last edited:
I had one of those gigs that really puts he beat-down on your gig. No, it wasn't an outdoor summer gig in the middle of a gravel parking lot in uncovered 110 degree heat, but inside a smoking venue (sadly, one still exist in Indiana), and on a stage that is covered in a muck that would confound the finest CSI unit. It was unavoidable...you had to step on the stage and this gunk was everywhere underfoot. Probably years of spilled beer, fruity drinks (there's a little Sergio in all of us), sweat, puke, probably blood, Lock Ness monster pee, Lindbergh baby drool, etc. all making the evil swill coating my stuff. If took a couple of hours to completely strip the board, clean the pedals and cables, and reassemble.

dirtypolytune.jpg

The job must have been at least partially successful because a friend found he board very alluring...

Having to put my carefully assembled pedalboard on a stage like that would make me cry.

This is my current board...

59kYzas.jpg

Signal chain: guitar -> Hotone Soul Press mini wah -> Turbo Tuner -> Xotic SP -> Archer -> OCD -> Secret Freq -> H2O -> T1M buffer -> Mark V input -> Mark V Loop out -> EWS Scott Henderson Subtle Volume Control -> M5 -> Mark V Loop In

I've set it up so the pedals I reach for most frequently during a song (as opposed to between songs) are on the first row... The Mesa Footswitch can control full channel switching (1/2/3) or Channel/Solo (1/2, solo boost) depending what band I'm playing with. All of it is wired to the amp using a Pedal Snake with three mono lines for the audio signal and a TRS-2Xmono line for the footswitch. One power supply means one plug powers everything...

CnERiaU.jpg

I had to mod the board slightly... I drilled four pilot holes to mount the power supply, which didn't quite clear the floor when added, so bought a set of 7/8" rubber feet from Home Hardware which I cut down to about half their original height and superglued to the existing Pedaltrain feet. I know there are much cleaner cable routing options available, but I always liked electrical tape for it's ease of use, flexibility and re-usability...

I've been using this board for about half a year now and it's gained some grime... but it works really well... I'm especially pleased with the Hotone wah and the EWS volume; they work brilliantly and use up so very little stage space...

And here's my grab'n'go mini board... I use this mostly with my TM60 or TA-15 when running out to jam somewhere... It's powered by a Pedaltrain Volto rechargeable power supply slung underneath...
RbyXma1.jpg

Last edited:
This is my current board...

59kYzas.jpg

Signal chain: guitar -> Hotone Soul Press mini wah -> Turbo Tuner -> Xotic SP -> Archer -> OCD -> Secret Freq -> H2O -> T1M buffer -> Mark V input -> Mark V Loop out -> EWS Scott Henderson Subtle Volume Control -> M5 -> Mark V Loop In

I've set it up so the pedals I reach for most frequently during a song (as opposed to between songs) are on the first row... The Mesa Footswitch can control full channel switching (1/2/3) or Channel/Solo (1/2, solo boost) depending what band I'm playing with. All of it is wired to the amp using a Pedal Snake with three mono lines for the audio signal and a TRS-2Xmono line for the footswitch. One power supply means one plug powers everything...

CnERiaU.jpg

I had to mod the board slightly... I drilled four pilot holes to mount the power supply, which didn't quite clear the floor when added, so bought a set of 7/8" rubber feet from Home Hardware which I cut down to about half their original height and superglued to the existing Pedaltrain feet. I know there are much cleaner cable routing options available, but I always liked electrical tape for it's ease of use, flexibility and re-usability...

I've been using this board for about half a year now and it's gained some grime... but it works really well... I'm especially pleased with the Hotone wah and the EWS volume; they work brilliantly and use up so very little stage space...

And here's my grab'n'go mini board... I use this mostly with my TM60 or TA-15 when running out to jam somewhere... It's powered by a Pedaltrain Volto rechargeable power supply slung underneath...
RbyXma1.jpg

Yet another beautifully organized and set up pedalboard set.

The cables were disgusting. Used Windex and 6 paper towels per cable. Looked like I dipped them in molasses and graphite.

One summer tour my band played the day after Gwar in the same clubs for like, a week straight. I was used to cleaning up fake blood as we used some in our stage show, but the fake semen they used... it was the nastiest sh!t ever! I would have almost preferred to clean up the real deal. :confused:

One summer tour my band played the day after Gwar in the same clubs for like, a week straight. I was used to cleaning up fake blood as we used some in our stage show, but the fake semen they used... it was the nastiest sh!t ever! I would have almost preferred to clean up the real deal. :confused:
:eek::DLMAO! Dude, you are a warrior's warrior. Hands down.

Anyone see the new strymon pedal board power supply?
Yes! I never found their booth at NAMM but wanted to see this new product. Ironically, I saw the CIOKS booth - the brand found on Jimi D's board - and they had some nice looking products...including some interestingly named options (like pu$$y power...and it was pink). Great looking stuff and tight specs.

What I found interesting is that each isolated connector supplies 500ma of power and you can daisy chain the boxes together. One of the reps said it hasn't been tested, but they estimate you could hook up 80 to 100 pedals at once if you wanted.

Back