Show your pedal boards here!

33xd1z9.jpg

My very Nashville-influenced pedalboard.

Use it for modern country and classic rock covers.

Cool! I'd love to know which pedals reinforce the country aspect of your board, just curious as I don't play the genre much.

Cool! I'd love to know which pedals reinforce the country aspect of your board, just curious as I don't play the genre much.

Oblig TGP quote:

Tone is in the fingers.

Anyway, I'm thinking the Ego compressor helps, but modern country is closer to classic rock - the chickin' pickin' twang is a lot more subdued now. If you listen to some Luke Bryan, for example (guitarist Michael Carter plays PRS!), the "country" sound of the song is in the lyrics/vocals most of all, the use of some pedal steel guitar and the overall arrangement. The lead/rhythm guitar is very nice and rockin', which is why I am a recent convert and like going to the shows. (Weird, as I am such a prog and metal head. But I do like pretty well everything except gangsta rap!)

Oblig TGP quote:

Tone is in the fingers.

Anyway, I'm thinking the Ego compressor helps, but modern country is closer to classic rock - the chickin' pickin' twang is a lot more subdued now. If you listen to some Luke Bryan, for example (guitarist Michael Carter plays PRS!), the "country" sound of the song is in the lyrics/vocals most of all, the use of some pedal steel guitar and the overall arrangement. The lead/rhythm guitar is very nice and rockin', which is why I am a recent convert and like going to the shows. (Weird, as I am such a prog and metal head. But I do like pretty well everything except gangsta rap!)

Thanks!

And here's my TGP counter to the TGP quote:

Let's hear your fingers make some guitar tone without a guitar. ;)

Thanks!

And here's my TGP counter to the TGP quote:

Let's hear your fingers make some guitar tone without a guitar. ;)

hah, yeah! Someone on TGP has a sig with something along the lines of "I think using a guitar is a crutch"...

Anyway, here's my latest round of pedalboards (also posted at TGP, so apologies for those that may see it twice now):

OK, here are my latest configurations, a result of deciding my gigging board was overkill for what I use, and a desire to return to the simplest configuration absolutely needed. But I wanted something smaller/denser than the Behringer tray-style board I had been using - the reason I'd gone from the Behringer to the PT-3 was that the PT-3 occupied the same overall real estate but I could cram a whole lot more on it.

So by using a PT mini I went from this Behringer tray:

IMG_6208_1024_zpsakcfpi2u.jpg

To this:

IMG_6222_1024_zpslifzyoir.jpg

You can see the Line 6 Relay mounted underneath, face-up so I can see the LEDs, between the Joyo American Sound and RV-3.

Which allowed me to reconfigure my "main" board, which will now stay mostly at home, to this (plugged straight into into my Archon via a volume pedal):

IMG_6225_1024_zpscb0cwohq.jpg

I need to add the requisite Altoids or similar small tin to my PT mini, and I will clean up the wiring when I get in the One Spot kit I ordered (I'm using non-90 deg daisy chain plugs, and they are a pain for the pedals with DC power input on the sides and not back like most Boss pedals...). I'll probably also add an extension cord so that the PT mini is "self sufficient".

Now you need to wire in that Dalek to a pedal you can press to exterminate hecklers :)

heh, I like that idea!

If I was truly ambitious about such an idea, it occurs to me that I could rig up some kind of powered pulley system or something and have the Dalek patrol back and forth in that "trench" at the front of the PT mini. That would be fun to see the audience's reaction!

That could be pretty simple, I always thought it would be cool to do a TARDIS pedal that made your guitar woosh like the TARDIS powering up... Or a Danek distortion pedal!

For me it's the Nobels ODR-1 and Ibanez Mostortion for drive. Those are staples in Nashville and they have a great tone to them and complement each other. The others would be the Wampler Ego Compressor, although not a whole lot of comp on new stuff. Also the two delays I use a bit. I actually just put my Flashback back on there for some wackier delays.

Here's mine, I have just made a small cabinet to put my amp on, the pedal board stores underneath to keep it out of the way, the draw is for all my odd bits, spare strings etc.

got space for more pedals too..:p

Just put together a new Ikea Gorm pedalboard, with mostly new pedals - am enjoying it, but the Memory Toy may be going back to be replaced with something else......

pb.jpg

It feels almost like an insult to post my pedal board when I compare it with some of the amazing pedal boards in this thread. The thing is that I have been down scaling for the past few years and I have become more content with less as time went on. Here is my pedal board I use with my Swart Atomic Tone MK2 head and Cab and my Two-rock Studio Pro 35. Between my guitar's volume knob and this board I don't need anything more. Apologies for the low quality.
FE9725C9-93EE-4B29-B541-B13015296E09_zpsz8p4cw7x.jpg

Last edited:
It feels almost like an insult to post my pedal board when I compare it with some of the amazing pedal boards in this thread. The thing is that I have been down scaling for the past few years and I have become more content with less as time went on. Here is my pedal board I use with my Swart Atomic Tone MK2 head and Cab and my Two-rock Studio Pro 35. Between my guitar's volume knob and this board I don't need anything more. Apologies for the low quality.
FE9725C9-93EE-4B29-B541-B13015296E09_zpsz8p4cw7x.jpg

I think it's a really cool board with some very nice gear on it. I could rock all that stuff no problem.

All of the pedal boards in this thread look great! Time to get some more pedals. I have more guitars than pedals ATM.

Back