Show your pedal boards here!

Raymond, how do you like the P19 vs the Scarab? I'm tempted to try both/either.

Also, a complete OT thing: on the weekend I was at a local bar/pub, and one of the waitstaff looked extremely familiar in that spooky "I've never met you before" kind of way. Then I realized I had just been browsing this forum on my phone, and this particular young lady looks like your avatar! I know not the same person - you're in the UK, I'm in Florida, and your photo is a couple years old, IIRC. But still...

Very weird...

The Mooer Electric Lady is the newest addition. It's a keeper. Nothing is changing for now.
20150523_112023.jpg

The Mooer Electric Lady is the newest addition. It's a keeper. Nothing is changing for now.
20150523_112023.jpg

I love the "for now" qualifier. ;)

But I'm a fellow-sufferer. Every time I pronounce my pedalboard finished, within a short time it's changed!

Nicely organized board, by the way! :top:

Raymond, how do you like the P19 vs the Scarab? I'm tempted to try both/either.

Also, a complete OT thing: on the weekend I was at a local bar/pub, and one of the waitstaff looked extremely familiar in that spooky "I've never met you before" kind of way. Then I realized I had just been browsing this forum on my phone, and this particular young lady looks like your avatar! I know not the same person - you're in the UK, I'm in Florida, and your photo is a couple years old, IIRC. But still...

Very weird...

I prefer the P19 to the scarab, in that I like the fuzz tone on the P19 more. The scarab can cover more grounds but I realise I wasn't using all that and prefer to leave it at one setting, with the hoof doing another so the scarab came off.

And thst hat would be funny if it's the same girl, I doubt it's her, unless she has an English accent.

My latest iteration....

The pedal top left is a tube driven tremolo a guy made for me in trade for a Squier tele.
The Arctic Screamer is a pedal based on a Tube Screamer and is outstanding. I sold her, but then bought her back...Thanks Pete!
The Hands of Time is an analog delay pedal with great character.
The others are self explanatory.....

IMG_2111.JPG

The Arctic Screamer is the best modded TS-9 that I've ever played, bar none. The mojo runs deep on that pedal. And your board has developed a very distinct aroma of cork, Dane. :rock:

The Arctic Screamer is the best modded TS-9 that I've ever played, bar none. The mojo runs deep on that pedal. And your board has developed a very distinct aroma of cork, Dane. :rock:

I'll have to watch some reviews. Both of you rocking the KTR. The reviews are solid for sure. What makes it so boss? The buffer?

Both of you rocking the KTR. The reviews are solid for sure. What makes it so boss? The buffer?

Not really, there are lots of extremely transparent and superb buffers out there, many dedicated to being solely buffers that are even quieter, etc.

What makes the Klon a great pedal is the way it interacts with certain amps that are on the verge of breakup. There's an organic quality to its distortion (even when it's set "clean" it's not a pure signal) and to its frequency curve that makes it sound especially good with Fender style amps. Think of it as a special sauce of distortion, boost and EQ, and you'll have a handle on what it does.

Specifically, it kills with vintage Fenders. It will give you "that" classic sound. Think one of Keef's intros - in fact, he uses a Klon these days, so that tells you something.

If I were you with an ML Fender, I'd have one on my board post haste.

I bought one for my son a few months ago, and I think he's been using it in front of a vintage 60s Tremolux. In any case, some vintage Fender, and he likes it a lot.

On the other hand, I think it's less great with Marshall style amps and Mesa style amps. But let's face it, those amps are designed to do different things, so as always, it's a matter of horses for courses.

That's good stuff Les. Boogie made a pedal that is a KLON clone and it is every bit as "good" as the KTR! I interchange them on my board. I had them both so my Klons were stacked, but I thought that was too "cork-ish" Kerry.....but it sounded freaking OUTSTANDING!!!! I may take the PoT off and stack them again......:)

9653432-large.jpeg

That's good stuff Les. Boogie made a pedal that is a KLON clone and it is every bit as "good" as the KTR! I interchange them on my board. I had them both so my Klons were stacked, but I thought that was too "cork-ish" Kerry.....but it sounded freaking OUTSTANDING!!!! I may take the PoT off and stack them again......:)

9653432-large.jpeg

I've been considering trying a Klon style pedal out with the DG30. I think that might be a killer match, but of course, gotta try it to know.

I'll have to watch some reviews. Both of you rocking the KTR. The reviews are solid for sure. What makes it so boss? The buffer?
Everything I say here is purely subjective...
a Klon isn't a Klon without the buffer. There are tons of better spec'ed and performing buffers out there (Les has a really good one!) but I like the one in the Klons. I could probably spew some technical explanation with extremely douchey tone adjectives, but I won't. With my amp and the rest of my board, it's kinda magical. JFB played thru my Boogie Monster and CRGTR's KTR thru my rig a year ago (as did Dane) so I know he gets the idea. Klones are fun to build and gave me a good reason to buy a real one, once one was available (special thx to IAHawk...you rock!!). Plus, you can now pay retail pricing for them, instead of retail +200%.

... the Klon a great pedal.... There's an organic quality to its distortion (even when it's set "clean" it's not a pure signal) and to its frequency curve that makes it sound especially good with Fender style amps. Think of it as a special sauce of distortion, boost and EQ, and you'll have a handle on what it does..
Yes, yes and yes. :cool:
... my Klons were stacked.... it sounded freaking OUTSTANDING!!!!

9653432-large.jpeg
You are too kind, my friend! It's a testament to the circuit, but the magic is in the component selection, which only the original can nail.

JFB, I'd look for the following stuff, knowing your musical tastes and recent gear acquisition...
1. Klon KTR
2. Bogner Ecstacy Red
3. EP Booster

For clean, the EP Booster changes the game, and following the Klon it smokes! And while I haven't yet bought one, my research has led me to the Bogner Ecstacy Red pedal for instant modern mayhem. I'm giving you an inside tip even before I land one...what are friends for? ;) From there, the sky's the limit...reverb, term, echo/delay, etc. Everyone has their preferences.

Last edited:
This is by no means ALL of my stuff, just the current board I am running.

I need to make some new cables though. Not sure if I am going to do George L's or Lava Tightropes...

Nice ^ ! (I just got a Sarcophagus.)

(And for those of you who noticed that I haven't posted a pic of my pedal board, it's because I don't really have one -- I have more of a pedal "collection" or "library" -- I rarely use more than one or two at a time. Working on that, though.)

Finally caved and bought a Pedaltrain. Not sure what to fill the space with. Not pictured is a standard Fasel Cry-Baby Classic that I plug in from of the KTR sometimes. I'm on the list for a Paul Trombetta pedal...should be my turn sometime around December. Maybe add a delay next?

Thanks Boogie. I'm certainly considering the Klon. I was thinking J. Rockett Tim Pierce instead of the Bogner Red. Might be a bit too close to Klon territory though and I want a small board so there's no room for overlap.

Martin reminded me to vacuum my board. It's too dirty. Granted, much of it is his fault.

martinboard.jpg

Last edited:
Back