Show me your NF3s!

Sold?

SOLD???

Rick, I don't know what to say. It's like I thought I knew you all this time, and I never knew you at all.

:p:p
Yeah, I admit it. I have sold guitars. The shame of having to say it in the broad daylight. And on rare occasion, I’ve even regretted it!

This is one of those regretted sales. Just to show my incorrigibly tainted mindset… I might even sell something to finance the return of the Narrowfield. I’ll solace myself by calling that a trade, though!

Mine is an NF3 “plus”….Tosca edition.

hfKFnOI.jpg

This is one of those regretted sales.
I get that. I'm bad about NOT selling things I need to sell. I could have a 594 and a Silver Sky if I sold all my unused "other brands." But the NF3 is just TOO good for me to even consider selling it. Just too versatile, incredible pickups, and my favorite neck ever.

Mine is an NF3 “plus”….Tosca edition.
Please remember that my comments about pickup changes are not applicable to anyone here. :) It's to the whole mindset that the reason the guitar didn't sell was because people wouldn't by a guitar with non-standard sized pickups because they couldn't just swap in their favorite so they wouldn't even buy the guitar. These pickups ARE favorites! No need to swap. But if I had another one, I'd consider dropping a 59/09 in the bridge... maybe even an M.

Please remember that my comments about pickup changes are not applicable to anyone here. :) It's to the whole mindset that the reason the guitar didn't sell was because people wouldn't by a guitar with non-standard sized pickups because they couldn't just swap in their favorite so they wouldn't even buy the guitar. These pickups ARE favorites! No need to swap. But if I had another one, I'd consider dropping a 59/09 in the bridge... maybe even an M.

Heck I swapped it from one non-standard sized pickup to another nonstandard sized pickup…maybe I’m a double moron…but the wide body 408 in the bridge is perfect for me in this NF3. :)

I darn sure can’t find one at a reasonable cost… or at all. So pacify me by showing me your NF3, and tell me what you think about it. I had one… same old story. I’m going to get another eventually, but I’m afraid it’s going to cost more than I stupidly sold mine for. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a non-Strat guy’s perfect Strat :eek:

Let the jealousy-inspiring photo stream begin!
If it is any solace, I did not even know what an NF3 was until I scrolled through this thread with all these hotties! Now I have additional GAS for another guitar I will unlikely be able to play before I buy!!! Good luck with your search, at least it is not a "need it now" item!

If it is any solace, I did not even know what an NF3 was until I scrolled through this thread with all these hotties! Now I have additional GAS for another guitar I will unlikely be able to play before I buy!!! Good luck with your search, at least it is not a "need it now" item!
It’s a great guitar, Willy. It didn’t catch on and both it and the DC3 faded from the catalog in just a few years. You can get these pickups, combined with a humbucker, in the Studio. But I really like the lighter, contoured body of the NF3. It’ll happen… sooner or later!

I get that. I'm bad about NOT selling things I need to sell. I could have a 594 and a Silver Sky if I sold all my unused "other brands." But the NF3 is just TOO good for me to even consider selling it. Just too versatile, incredible pickups, and my favorite neck ever.
I know that there's nothing I'm going to say that will make you actually do it, but your sentiments regarding the acquisition of a SS and 594 are spot freaking on.

Heck I swapped it from one non-standard sized pickup to another nonstandard sized pickup…maybe I’m a double moron…but the wide body 408 in the bridge is perfect for me in this NF3. :)
I'd like to hear it! See how that pickups compares to stock.

Back