Show me your NF3s!

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
I darn sure can’t find one at a reasonable cost… or at all. So pacify me by showing me your NF3, and tell me what you think about it. I had one… same old story. I’m going to get another eventually, but I’m afraid it’s going to cost more than I stupidly sold mine for. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a non-Strat guy’s perfect Strat :eek:

Let the jealousy-inspiring photo stream begin!

I put a deposit on one locally. It’s rough but I’m still on the fence whether to get it.
Even the dinged up used ones are going for more than I sold my pristine white one for about three years back. I was using my 513s then, and as much as I like the Silver Sky now, it reminds me of how much I enjoyed that NF3 more than anything Strat-esque. My hollowbodys are keeping me quite good company these days, but I’d like to add a NF3 back to my option list one day.

Im patient, and have some really nice guitars to play, so I’m not in a rush to take a beating on one. But if one presents itself at a good price… trouble. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I tried to lock it down but no job for awhile sucked big time. Now that everything is back to normal I’ll probably go back and get it

I hate to say this because my lovely wife has bought me 3 awesome PRS guitars and ALL 3 of them are GREAT! But my NF3 may be the greatest overall guitar I’ve ever had my hands on. Incredible tones, and all kinds of them. Best neck ever.

Sales weren’t great, because as a big retailer said “people won’t buy a guitar they can’t change the pickups on.” Anyone who played one of these and wants ANY other pickups, or even to TRY other pickups, is a MORON, and you can quote me on that. Put enough of these out there, and this would be PRS’s greatest achievement!

Playability. Tones. Feel. Experience. THE greatest guitar ever!

Pics? Oh, you wanted pics. Wait til I get back on a PC for that.

I hate to say this because my lovely wife has bought me 3 awesome PRS guitars and ALL 3 of them are GREAT! But my NF3 may be the greatest overall guitar I’ve ever had my hands on. Incredible tones, and all kinds of them. Best neck ever.

Sales weren’t great, because as a big retailer said “people won’t buy a guitar they can’t change the pickups on.” Anyone who played one of these and wants ANY other pickups, or even to TRY other pickups, is a MORON, and you can quote me on that. Put enough of these out there, and this would be PRS’s greatest achievement!

Playability. Tones. Feel. Experience. THE greatest guitar ever!

Pics? Oh, you wanted pics. Wait til I get back on a PC for that.
But do you like it? Lol

NF3 electronics in a CU22.
I really like the range it has. It is much calmer than my SAS with HFS/VB and a middle rail. This essentially retired my SAS except for travelling.
It is much closer to a strat than my 3 P90 guitar and I felt it covered that space pretty well, until I finally found a strat worth buying 5 years later. I still play this much more than the strat - I really only go to the strat for that straight on bridge pickup sound.
CK_193SpaltBodyDarkAAA.JPG

Last edited:
I’ve posted this picture a bunch but here ya go:

CM1wPhE.jpg

I will say that, for me, it’s definitely the non strat guy’s perfect strat style guitar. I don’t gel with S types. The NF3 kicks all kinds of ass for me. Love the quackier 2 and 4 positions for spanky cleans. With the volume rolled down a hair on the guitar, it tends to make the guitar a little less mini humbucker like and a bit more S like. The neck is stellar. This guitar does things my normal humbucker guitars don’t. I wouldn’t mind throwing a Mann NOS on it.

I really like the range it has. It is much calmer than my SAS with HFS/VB and a middle rail. This essentially retired my SAS except for travelling.
It is much closer to a strat than my 3 P90 guitar and I felt it covered that space pretty well, until I finally found a strat worth buying 5 years later. I still play this much more than the strat - I really only go to the strat for that straight on bridge pickup sound.

That’s a beautiful take on the concept. I totally agree about the pickups, and that’s what I’ve missed from them. It’s the subtle things that went unappreciated, until you start looking for them later!
This was mine. Bought for $1,000 and sold for $1,100. I shoulda kept it.

2WSKvZj.jpg

That one is awesome. I don’t remember seeing one that color, but it’s a beauty!

I’ve posted this picture a bunch but here ya go:

CM1wPhE.jpg

I will say that, for me, it’s definitely the non strat guy’s perfect strat style guitar. I don’t gel with S types. The NF3 kicks all kinds of ass for me. Love the quackier 2 and 4 positions for spanky cleans. With the volume rolled down a hair on the guitar, it tends to make the guitar a little less mini humbucker like and a bit more S like. The neck is stellar. This guitar does things my normal humbucker guitars don’t. I wouldn’t mind throwing a Mann NOS on it.

Completely agree. As much as I like my Silver Sky better than my previous Strats, I don’t use those tones as often as humbucker and P90 types. As I noted above, I didn’t really appreciate the subtle tones until I started looking for them later. Now that I’d like to add one back, they’ve disappeared. Such is life.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That’s incredible looking

Back