SE Owners

Just recently picked up a PRS SE Custom 24 7 String in Vintage Sunburst. Definitely the most comfortable neck I've played on a 7.

Bought my first PRS SE245 (Korean)about a month ago in tobacco sunburst. Just purchased my second PRS SE245 (Korean) in cherry sunburst tonight from GC. I've been smitten by them to say the least:)

Have a Tremonti Custom (for sale) want a 245 and or a ZM in green or VS Had a pre lawsuit soapbar that I never should have sold. I like SE's better than Mary;land guitars, not because they are better because they obviously are not, its because an SE is as good an instrument as you will need in reality with only a few minor mods. As PRS said himself, lots of pro's and session players use them.

I think you'll find a lot of SE love around here. I've had four come and go (Soapbar II, original Santana, Tremonti, One). All great guitars.
they are indeed I wont buy anything else these days and I have owned a lot of Gibsons in the past

Just swapped a epi flying v an a Ibanez sa260fm for a Korean PRS Custom 22 hardtail in cherry burst an moon inlays and a uppercase 1x12 extension cab with Marshall heritage G12 8ohrms speaker in.
Great straight swap deal..
Taking pics an a thread asap..
Converted to se range now an after a single cut 245 or Bernie ....

Just swapped a epi flying v an a Ibanez sa260fm for a Korean PRS Custom 22 hardtail in cherry burst an moon inlays and a uppercase 1x12 extension cab with Marshall heritage G12 8ohrms speaker in.
Great straight swap deal..
Taking pics an a thread asap..
Converted to se range now an after a single cut 245 or Bernie ....
Find a Bernie. You will not regret it.

Love my Bernie. It's screaming for some Bare Knuckle Pickups though. My 18 month old loves it more than me. Every time I leave her alone she pulls it out of the bag and tries to drag it over to the amp. Thank goodness for carpet.

I just entered PRS family with an SE CU24, Trampas Green.
Really happy, nice wood and sound.
Changed from 9-42 to 10-46 Elixirs (coming from acoustic guitar).

Greg

SE Tremonti Custom, With USA HFS treble and Schaller M6 locking Machine heads.

I also have an S2 Custom 24 & only yesterday got a CE24 (1999).

The one that I may sell is the S2. Not because it isn't good, but because it just doesn't 'feel' as substantial. The SE is heavy at nearly 10lbs and the smooth bevel is much more appealing than the asymmetrical bevel on the S2.

A bit late to join in, but better late than never.

I bought a blue PRS SE Standard 24 about a year ago, maybe more.
Within months I'd bought a black PRS SE Singlecut Trem which had been sitting gathering dust in a store for a while, so got it for a song. Within a short while after that I was looking at PRS SE 245's & got one in Tobacco Sunburst from a distributor's ex stock store for about half the usual retail price, since it had a bit of wear & tear from being ex demo.

I also have: orange/natural Ibanez Gio GAX70, Squier HSS Affinity Strat (candy apple red with black pick guard), Epiphone 339 Pro (Vintage Sunburst), Squier '72 Thinline Tele VM Sunburst, Squier Standard Strat in Vintage Sunburst with Tortoise shell pick guard, & an Acoustic Fender in natural with pickups I've had for 20 odd years.

Of all these, even though some are more exciting, better looking, or whatever, I find myself grabbing the very plain looking black PRS SE Singlecut Trem most of the time, unless I specifically feel the need to try something else.

There's just something about the singlecut that draws be back every time.
It feels light, has good tone, & the simplicity of a single volume, tone & 3 way pickup switch, as well as the neck profile, it just feels like an extension of me, which a good guitar should.

The others are all really good guitars, & the PRS SE's are clearly head & shoulders above any other guitars in my collection, regardless of price or features.

Even the SE Standard which is made in Indonesia, which I'd say is slightly lesser than the others which are made in Korea, is heaps better than the Epi, Squiers or Ibi.

I still get GAS, & recently got some nice amps; a Vox VT20x & a Vox AC4C1BL - which I believe has been discontinued, so is going to be harder to get hold of in the future.

It seems once you've got an SE or two other guitars just don't have the attraction; sure you may still try & buy some others, but the real test is which guitar you grab to practice or jam on, or which guitar you'd grab if your house was on fire.
I'd certainly grab the 3 SE's before going back for the others.

Funny thing about the SE Singlecut Trem. If I`m playing an outdoor gig, that`s my go to. For some reason, the sound is remarkable with a lot of open space. I did put USA #7`s in it, but it`s always been a great guitar.

There's just something about the singlecut that draws be back every time.
It feels light, has good tone, & the simplicity of a single volume, tone & 3 way pickup switch, as well as the neck profile, it just feels like an extension of me, which a good guitar should.
Sell the other 7 and use the money to get yourself a US Core singlecut trem. They're available used.

This. I think the SEs have a better quality than a Squier or an Epiphone.

And maybe better than some Gibson!!!

+1 here. I have an SE Custom 24 with a sweet spalted maple top. I would love to own a core PRS, but realistically, it is not going to happen. Somehow, settling for an SE (or more) doesn't feel like a very taxing compromise.

Back