Original style speed knobs?

They're real and they're spectacular.

This unavailability is sadly what I figured. May have to just keep an eye on Reverb, TGP, etc. for a set to come along.

Another interesting thing I noticed is the lampshade knobs on my guitars only have numbers on them too. No lines, just numbers, like the old speed knobs.

Having grown up on old Gibsons, I really like those tall speed knobs. They made them in two sizes in the 50's.

Quite a few Gibson lapsteels got the taller one.

I like the PRS lampshade knobs but find the amber color a little somber.

I'd rather they were gold.
Get clear ones and paint the under side gold

One thing I think the older speed knobs are much better at is for use on a tone control that has a push pull switch on it. It is much easier for me to grab and pull the speed knob than it is with the lampshade knobs.
I feel the same way. The DGT has the speed knobs, and they're an improvement for that function.

Though I like the look of the lampshades. For a push-pull, I'll take function over looks.

I feel the same way. The DGT has the speed knobs, and they're an improvement for that function.

Though I like the look of the lampshades. For a push-pull, I'll take function over looks.
I gotta agree that the lampshades are easier to use on a push/pull.

Easier to use all around probably.

They look so subdued and blend into the finish in amber. Just wish they were available in gold.

But maybe PRS tried that and they DIDN'T look good in gold!

I guess I would be fine with black lampshades, but the clear ones look too contemporary/fancy on a 90s/00s PRS for me.

I gotta agree that the lampshades are easier to use on a push/pull.

Easier to use all around probably.

They look so subdued and blend into the finish in amber. Just wish they were available in gold.

But maybe PRS tried that and they DIDN'T look good in gold!
Actually, I meant that the speed knobs are easier to use on a push/pull. The lampshades slip out of my fingers, I can't grip them!

I much prefer the amber. It's sophisticated, refined and...hang on a second....I seem to be describing myself!! ;)

Actually, I meant that the speed knobs are easier to use on a push/pull. The lampshades slip out of my fingers, I can't grip them!

I much prefer the amber. It's sophisticated, refined and...hang on a second....I seem to be describing myself!! ;)
Sophisticated and reclined...

That's more like it!

Back