SE Mods

Cars and Guitars

Here's my SE Tremonti which has been transformed to match my 1968 Camaro. Cars and guitars go together. This thread inspired me to create an "SE Mod" headstock decal that respects the guitar's SE origins. These guitars are the perfect platform for customizing.
13353942204_185d683642_b.jpg

13354846715_76fb86c994_b.jpg

13353951574_46ab4c0775_b.jpg

9424485826_ed460439bc_b.jpg

Try www.KGC.com for the bridge block, and let us know what you think after the installation. They make machined brass, and I'm curious to know if there really is a sound difference.

Last edited:
Try www.KGC.com for the bridge block, and let us know what you think after the installation. They make machined brass, and I'm curious to know if there really is a sound difference.

The only bridge they'll be building is the one that gets me over my pond without getting my feet wet :p

Hint:
welcome.jpg

uc

SE Bernie Marsden
Tonerider Alnico IV Classic neck pickup
Wolfetone Marshallhead Mk. II bridge pickup
Gibson gold bell knobs

Eventually I'm going to have my tech add a phase reversal switch...

I've had gold phase IIs put on my SE Navarro for about 4 months now & it's made a huge difference to tuning stability & use of the bar. I also had my tech set up in 1/2 step with 10s although I think the lower strings are slightly heavier. It sounds & plays like a dream. It's gone through a lot of Slash & Van Halen & help up well. Next mod is to upgrade to US pots or replace the whole lot with the US pre-wired drop in if it's compatable. I also landed a near mint second hand Torero this month which is one hell of a guitar. Really does feel expensive. Only thing I need to do to it is a set up with 10s as really don't like 09s. Tuning is obviously fine & the EMGs are metal-tastic! Highly recommend anyone hunts down a Torero although the lack of inlays can be very disorientating at first!

Does anyone know how to attach photos on this board? I've tried on my phone and laptop and can't work it out! Thanks

Does anyone know how to attach photos on this board? I've tried on my phone and laptop and can't work it out! Thanks
You have to host your pics yourself like with Photobucket, your website server (that is how I do mine), etc.
Then you past the URL to the pic here using the insert photo icon from the composer bar above your text box.

Cheers Sergio. The big question is though is there any routing involved or is the hole for the 3 way switch big enough for the 5 way rotary?

I think it may be big enough for the PCB rotary... I have one laying around here somewhere, I'll check and see.

I wait with baited breath. I still need to get the single cut but that shouldn't be a problem after my fleabay payment comes through. I hate slow payers.

A few "light mods" on my '14 Bernie: TonePros Kluson Nickel Drop-In Tuners with Creme Buttons, Raw Nickel Brushed Pickup Covers and a Graph Tech Tusq Nut. The tuners are definitely a nice upgrade, but the $7 nut made a huge difference in tuning stability, tone and sustain. The Tusq Nut is a "must-do" mod IMHO. Considering new electronics (with amber lampshades) and a brand of pups that has yet TBD.

a6b9f4e6-4a41-4306-a7d4-87e1782d9758_zps2f25734d.jpg

Here is my latest PRS SE purchase. So far the only mod I can take credit for are the Dunlop: Dual Design Strap Locks.

The mini humbucker was already when I bought the guitar. It's a GFS: Fat mini with four wires. And who ever the guitar before I got it even left the stock P90 in the gig bag. Right now it's just wired up with with the basic volume control but I would like to do something interesting with the wiring and take advantage of the four wire wiring. Is there anything other than a coil tap/split that can be done since the guitar only has one pickup and just a volume knob?

Other than maybe taking advantage of the four wire wiring I want to change the tuning keys more than likely for a set of mini locking Grovers and replace the stock knob with a top hat knob with the chrome insert.

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member, living in Sweden.
I´ve been playing a PRS SE 245 for a year and a half, so now the time has come for some Mods ;)

It already has the US Tremonti pups, now l´ll add the US clear/black knobs, Cream toggle cap and pickup rings. The color of the guitar is solid black.
I´ll try to post some pictures in a day or two.

Back