Sticky 3-way toggle on SE Paul's Guitar & SE Santana

gmann1956

I've had these guitars for about two weeks now. Awesome guitars, however, one thing that is driving me crazy is the very sticky 3-way toggle switches. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Is this normal on the newer SE Series? I have a SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow from 2016 and the switch works smooth as butter. I mean two different guitars and they both almost feel like they have glue in them. Thanks!

I've had these guitars for about two weeks now. Awesome guitars, however, one thing that is driving me crazy is the very sticky 3-way toggle switches. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Is this normal on the newer SE Series? I have a SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow from 2016 and the switch works smooth as butter. I mean two different guitars and they both almost feel like they have glue in them. Thanks!
Sounds like someone spilled beer on their guitars. Although it’s now as easy as a pot replacement, if you can solder, you can fix that rather inexpensively.

Common issue over time with guitars, but way sooner than later with se. Use some DeoxIt contact cleaner and you'll be good to go.

I don't even drink, these are brand spankin' new guitars.
If these are brand new, you should take them back and get the seller to make them right.

Otherwise…
Is the switch handle rubbing on one side of the slot? I’ve seen that happen on cheaper guitars. On them. I just bent the handle. I do NOT suggest doing that on these guitars. The switch can’t take that kind of abuse. Try loosening the mounting screws to see if it loosens up. If so, and if the screw holes allow, you might shift the switch’s position. If it doesn’t allow, you could very carefully enlarge the screw holes.

Hot button pushed! :mad:

The 3-way toggles on the SE and S2 lines suck. The blade switches suck too.
They should have used good ones and charged $10.00 more for the guitars.

Replace them.

I guess I got lucky. The switch was the only component in my SE that I didn’t replace. Even after resoldering a few times (experimented to find the wiring that I wanted) and 7 years of use, it’s still giving me no problem.

I think I'll just call the seller, like you said, and have them make it right. I just hate taking things back, but then again, I don't really want to spend any more cash to make it right.

Back