SE Mods

Just ordered new Gotoh 510UB Cosmo Black wraparound bridge and matching Gotoh SG381-07 MG Locking Tuners for the 245. This should be fun.
Hello! About this GOTOH 510UB Bridge, do you know if there´s the need of changes in the guitar to install it? Drilling, something like that?

Original mounting screws need to be replaced with the ones Gotoh included with trem. Original screw holes work fine.

https://imgur.com/a/xWQhG5z

Tuners: Gotoh SG38-MGT (Black)
Bridge: Gotoh 510UB (Black)
Pickup rings: Anomaly Guitar classic tapered surrounds
Switch tip: black, generic

I also used a razor blade and an emery board to gently roll the fretboard edges - it's made quite a big difference to how the neck feels. The Gotoh parts dropped straight in - I didn't bother swapping the stud bushings and it's rock solid.
Hello! Lookin really nice! Did you have to mak any change in the guitar to install this bridge?

MODS include:

* UPDATED - PRS USA Ivory Pickup Rings w/ Black Screws - 1st and 2nd pic
* PRS SE Locking Tuners
* PRS USA Amber Lampshade Knobs
* Nickel Brushed Pickup Covers

Pickups are the stock TCIs and will not be changed as they sound great !!!
DSC_0040(1).JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Smokin hot!

MODS include:

* PRS SE Locking Tuners

Pickups are the stock TCIs and will not be changed as they sound great !!!
DSC_0040(1).JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

MODS include:

* PRS SE Locking Tuners

I've been considering the pickup rings for my SE Custom 24 35th Anniversary Edition. However, I'm suspecting they won't match the 3 way switch tip. I can't tell by your pictures... how close are they in color?

They aren't exact but close enough. Never felt the need to make a change as they look great together. Since they aren't physically next to each other I think you won't mind either. Good luck

zNiGkvpXXtHP2LMb6

PK43GtjEBc7UJpSg6

The rings look great. I have taken the cream? off of my SE CU22 SH and found what looks to be a close color match to the ivory and painted them. Hope to have them installed soon.

Just a quick word about this lowly, great guitar.

ZH9wkfG.jpg

I've owned it for 10 years this past January. In that time I've swapped out a scratchy volume pot, replaced the bridge pickup with a Duncan Custom Custom I had laying around extra, put some USA PRS knobs on it (and the Merrill's Marauders sticker of which my wife's grandfather was a medic in WW2). But otherwise, this guitar is mostly stock. It's been modified several times but it's always returned to stock, or almost stock, because it's just good like that.

With some recent parts acquisitions, the plan was to upgrade the bridge with an adjustable one, the studs with TonePros lockable ones, and tuners to SE locking ones.

Now that it's time to do the mods, I'm gun shy. This guitar is really cool as it is, as cheap as it is, and there's no reason to upgrade anything other than "why not?". In fact, I really dig how it's the cheap mostly unmodded guitar.

Back