SE Hollowbody thread

Thank you dogrocketp, I'm trying to find my way around but had to hit the hollowbody thread first. Hope you're enjoying yours - it's a beauty! I had a standard in my shopping cart at SW but someone snatched it away before I could pull the trigger. Now they're on backorder!
Don’t have one yet. Washington Music Center can always get me one.

f8bWW1em.jpg

f8bWW1em.jpg
[/IMG]
She's a beauty front and back
Congrats, don't forget to share your thoughts about its sonic abilities

Can’t wait until someone that has played both a maple body and a mahogany body can confirm that the mahogany has a warmer sound.

I played both in a store. I can't say the mahogany was a warmer sound - that was my initial intent to listen for. What jumped out at me was how much more there the mahogany one I played was. I really liked the maple top, but when I plugged in the mahogany and hit that first chord, I immediately thought there was something extra there. That was confirmed about half a second later when my wife said, "Whoa". Both guitars had a lot of tonal range to them (as you'd expect from PRS), but the standard just had some extra oomph to it.

I played both in a store. I can't say the mahogany was a warmer sound - that was my initial intent to listen for. What jumped out at me was how much more there the mahogany one I played was. I really liked the maple top, but when I plugged in the mahogany and hit that first chord, I immediately thought there was something extra there. That was confirmed about half a second later when my wife said, "Whoa". Both guitars had a lot of tonal range to them (as you'd expect from PRS), but the standard just had some extra oomph to it.
You bought the Standard, right? Just so it’s not there when I find a few hours to get to Blanwox next weekend.;)

I just wanted to update everyone. I’m still really enjoying this guitar. If you’re on the fence, do it! (you might even thank me, if you can pry yourself away from it)
I agree, it's great. I lowered my neck pickup a bit and raised the pole pieces, otherwise it's still even got the 10s on it and I'm pleased.

I just pulled the trigger on one of these Standards from Dave's. The fatter than Core, fully hollow body (okay, it has a sound post, but still...), all hog construction, seems to make these a pretty unique guitar. I definitely don't have anything like it even among my excessive number of guitars. And Dave's having a used one in "excellent" condition for $695 seemed to make this a no-brainer. I'm good at no-brainers...

It ships today, so I'm pretty excited to get this.

HBStandard-Stock.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on one of these Standards from Dave's. The fatter than Core, fully hollow body (okay, it has a sound post, but still...), all hog construction, seems to make these a pretty unique guitar. I definitely don't have anything like it even among my excessive number of guitars. And Dave's having a used one in "excellent" condition for $695 seemed to make this a no-brainer. I'm good at no-brainers...

HBStandard-Stock.jpg
That’s the ticket!
Enjoy.

HBStandard-Stock.jpg

I predict that you shall be quite happy.

Back