SE Hollowbody thread

I've been watching metric sh1ttons of Rush on YouTube lately, and you often see Alex(ander the Great) Lifeson wielding a hollow body. I had this 7-string Schecter hanging on the wall that I never play, so I started looking around Friday - when I should've been working, but then I'm leaving this job in 2 weeks, so they can shuck it. :D

A little shop in the next town over had 2 SE Hollowbodies (I fell for the mahogany Standard in Fire Red Burst - very nice red!) and they gave me a great trade on the Schecter, so the rest is history! I now have 5 PRSi and I can't begin to say how f0rking blown away I am over this guitar! I don't think I've ever played a hollow or semi electric before, just never had any interest. In just a few minutes of playing at home I quickly realized that I've been an absolute moron, I love the hollowbody sound! Geesh, personal growth is great and all, but how did I not know this!? Rush's "Spirit of the Radio" never sounded so damn good (under my fingers anywho)! Man, I played it every spare second I could find this weekend, talk about inspirational!

Geesh, when I pick up any of my other guitars, including a core 594 that I love, I have to look down at the pu selector as it sounds like I'm on the neck pickup!! WTF? Geesh, this is going to get expensive as hell, isn't it? Very pleased with this guitar, nut pings a bit but I couldn't stop playing it to try some pencil in the slots! Who has time??:cool:

I've been watching metric sh1ttons of Rush on YouTube lately, and you often see Alex(ander the Great) Lifeson wielding a hollow body. I had this 7-string Schecter hanging on the wall that I never play, so I started looking around Friday - when I should've been working, but then I'm leaving this job in 2 weeks, so they can shuck it. :D

A little shop in the next town over had 2 SE Hollowbodies (I fell for the mahogany Standard in Fire Red Burst - very nice red!) and they gave me a great trade on the Schecter, so the rest is history! I now have 5 PRSi and I can't begin to say how f0rking blown away I am over this guitar! I don't think I've ever played a hollow or semi electric before, just never had any interest. In just a few minutes of playing at home I quickly realized that I've been an absolute moron, I love the hollowbody sound! Geesh, personal growth is great and all, but how did I not know this!? Rush's "Spirit of the Radio" never sounded so damn good (under my fingers anywho)! Man, I played it every spare second I could find this weekend, talk about inspirational!

Geesh, when I pick up any of my other guitars, including a core 594 that I love, I have to look down at the pu selector as it sounds like I'm on the neck pickup!! WTF? Geesh, this is going to get expensive as hell, isn't it? Very pleased with this guitar, nut pings a bit but I couldn't stop playing it to try some pencil in the slots! Who has time??:cool:
A Rush inspired purchase................I APPROVE!!!

NGD

After going back to the shop and trying the Special Edition, SE Custom 22, quilt top, I compared it to a SE Hollowbody II. I came home with the Hollowbody II, as it sounded much better. The action was a little high, but I couldn't see anything wrong with the guitar. With a little adjustment, this thing is as nice as my S2's. I guess they were right when they said, import guitars are setup by factory workers, and S2's are setup by guitar players.

Plus, I got it for the Black Friday sale price.

NGD

After going back to the shop and trying the Special Edition, SE Custom 22, quilt top, I compared it to a SE Hollowbody II. I came home with the Hollowbody II, as it sounded much better. The action was a little high, but I couldn't see anything wrong with the guitar. With a little adjustment, this thing is as nice as my S2's. I guess they were right when they said, import guitars are setup by factory workers, and S2's are setup by guitar players.

Plus, I got it for the Black Friday sale price.

I better not see one of these during Black Friday shopping, or I'm the only getting something under the tree ;)

That is phenomenal Slim!

Back