SE Hollowbody thread

I finally uploaded images to Imgur, hopefully you guys can see these?

IjHs5xm.jpg

The herd: (the glass over the camera on my phone is cracked so it's taking pretty lousy pics these days)

GKZCIFP.jpg
Oh, what a beautiful family you have!

Hi Katherine and welcome to the forum.

We’d all love to hear some of your compositions, when you’ve settled in here.

And feel free to share your new HB when it arrives in a “new guitar day” thread. We all love pretty pictures here. We should be known as “Magpies Anonymous”!!

Good luck with your guitar buying.

Thank you so much! For now, I'm putting 57/08s in my S2 semi-hollow in hopes of staving off the GAS pains for the hollowbody. I'll be sure to share pictures of a new HB if I'm fortunate enough to have one land in my hands.
Oh and I'm a complete novice ambient composer, but I've learned it's a genre that speaks to me. I have a couple of tracks out on SoundCloud under the username "Accidental Harmonics". I don't think I can post a link yet b/c I'm too new here.

Thank you so much! For now, I'm putting 57/08s in my S2 semi-hollow in hopes of staving off the GAS pains for the hollowbody. I'll be sure to share pictures of a new HB if I'm fortunate enough to have one land in my hands.
Oh and I'm a complete novice ambient composer, but I've learned it's a genre that speaks to me. I have a couple of tracks out on SoundCloud under the username "Accidental Harmonics". I don't think I can post a link yet b/c I'm too new here.

Yeah good luck with that, this place is full of guitar temptation, the little devils give themselves the cute title of “enabler”!

I think you can post links after 3 posts. Give it a go!

Can’t wait until someone that has played both a maple body and a mahogany body can confirm that the mahogany has a warmer sound.

When I saw the PRS demo videos I thought that came through, but as someone who generally has a little more experience with acoustic guitars, I think I expect mahogany to be warmer, so I could be biased! Someone here needs to get both and enlighten the rest of us. :)

Can’t wait until someone that has played both a maple body and a mahogany body can confirm that the mahogany has a warmer sound.

Karherine has your answer.

When I saw the PRS demo videos I thought that came through, but as someone who generally has a little more experience with acoustic guitars, I think I expect mahogany to be warmer, so I could be biased! Someone here needs to get both and enlighten the rest of us. :)

^this - Bryan Ewald shows them off well^

Back