SE DGT Goldtop Incoming

telemaster03

After the initial launch of the SE DGT back in January I got on the wait list at Sweetwater for a goldtop but hadn't heard anything so I figured that was that. Got a call from my sales rep this morning and now have one on the way. He even sent me pictures of my guitar to drool over and enhance my anticipation. The will join my early SE 24 Custom, my S2 Starla and my 2008 DGT Core...anxious to see how it compares. My sales rep told me the gold SE DGTs are back ordered through Sweetwater to the tune of around 500 guitars.

I love mine. Interesting to see how it compares to your core DGT

NmoKNyV.jpg

Quick picture of the SE DGT, I've had it a week now and I'm really enjoying the guitar. Made a few changes - black pickup covers and switch tip, amber V/T controls, locking SE tuners with ebony buttons. I thought the SEs came strung with .009 gauge strings but I'm pretty sure this one had .010s, Sweetwater might have changed them as part of their inspection process, who knows? I had put a 9.5 set on it but prefer the .010 gauge set. As far as comparison to my 2008 core DGT, the SE feels much the same as far as the neck carve and I prefer the looks of the gold top over the cherry sunburst on my 2008. The pickups are good but slightly different than the core pickups. Basically, I feel like I have as close to a core gold top as I can get for under $1,000.
SEDGT.jpg

Quick picture of the SE DGT, I've had it a week now and I'm really enjoying the guitar. Made a few changes - black pickup covers and switch tip, amber V/T controls, locking SE tuners with ebony buttons. I thought the SEs came strung with .009 gauge strings but I'm pretty sure this one had .010s, Sweetwater might have changed them as part of their inspection process, who knows? I had put a 9.5 set on it but prefer the .010 gauge set. As far as comparison to my 2008 core DGT, the SE feels much the same as far as the neck carve and I prefer the looks of the gold top over the cherry sunburst on my 2008. The pickups are good but slightly different than the core pickups. Basically, I feel like I have as close to a core gold top as I can get for under $1,000.
SEDGT.jpg
Congrats! Looks great!! I am a big fan of the black pup rings and other black hardware pieces, glad you are enjoying it!!!

SEDGT.jpg

I dig the black plastics. Many of the SE models now come with 10's, DGT included.

Back