Santana III transformation: from Playa to Slaya

I just dropped off the Santana III and my Singlecut 245 to be set up. I’m going with a new to me brand of strings that my friend Gio turned me on to: D’Addario NYXL. I just put a set on my Singlecut Trem last night and they sound and feel pretty good.

I just dropped off the Santana III and my Singlecut 245 to be set up. I’m going with a new to me brand of strings that my friend Gio turned me on to: D’Addario NYXL. I just put a set on my Singlecut Trem last night and they sound and feel pretty good.
they are great strings , the prs strings are a close second for me.

I picked up the Santana III and the Singlecut yesterday and the setups came out perfectly. I must have had the low E saddle too high when I was feeling it against my right hand when palm muting, but now I don’t feel it.

I am very happy with the service. Ray Mullen Music is a PRS authorized service shop and they are a retailer. They have a sick McCarty 594 in black sparkle that is so glittery! It’s on Reverb, too.

I am still waiting for delivery of the bits from Crazyparts in Germany.

I like the NYXL strings. Are the PRS strings made by D’Addario?

Last edited:
Nice, and Congrats on the guitars getting sorted out...Enjoy them both.
For possible future handy-work...Check out the end of the fingerboard and the radius of the saddles probably follows it closely...,
You would have gotten it...but no doubt, a PRS cert. tech comes in handy.

I picked up the Santana III and the Singlecut yesterday and the setups came out perfectly. I must have had the low E saddle too high when I was feeling it against my right hand when palm muting, but now I don’t feel it.

I am very happy with the service. Ray Mullen Music is a PRS authorized service shop and they are a retailer. They have a sick McCarty 594 in black sparkle that is so glittery! It’s on Reverb, too.

I am still waiting for delivery of the bits from Crazyparts in Germany.

I like the NYXL strings. Are the PRS strings made by D’Addario?
Sweet! Glad your tech got things sorted out.

Yes, the PRS strings are made by D'Addario

Needs more pictures!!!

5-C9-A47-F9-B11-F-46-E7-9-BB0-919-EAE48-EC28.jpg

Thanks, I just put up those guitar hangers. The bottom screw is a bolt with a butterfly toggle thing so each one will hold a lot more weight than a guitar. I hung them high on the wall so that I can put a couple more half stacks under them. I think I’ll drive out to Connecticut to pick up one of my heads at a music store out there. The reverb quit but it’s fixed now.

Thanks to the two color fading threads, I now keep my Faded Blue Jeans Tremonti in it’s case unless I’m in the room playing. Then, I hang it up so that I can enjoy seeing it or I play that one. That one’s tuned a half step down to E flat so I use it for about a half a dozen songs that I play.

Last edited:
Back