Big News - Santana Retro is now 24.594!

Since were talking about it.. Has the Retro always been 10 or did they change it? I've honestly never played one and have seen them listed both ways. Always wondered
You know, I don’t know and I don’t think I’ve ever played one either, at least not what they call the “retro” now.

PRS rarely addresses the changes they make to Santanas (and they’ve made a bunch). This is maybe the third time I’ve ever seen any press or documentation of changes besides the MD and the III.

It’s gotta be more of a higher commonality production thing than anything else.

Otherwise they’ve got 25” 24.594, 25.5, (maybe even 25 1/4 if anyone remembers those) and then 24.5 fretboards to deal with on the production line. This way they can just dig into a barrel of fretboards and only have to juggle a few.

The difference between 24.5 and 594 is only important to (IMO) Gibson goobers and spec dweebs.
I’m absolutely certain this is the motivation.

It’s gotta be more of a higher commonality production thing than anything else.

Otherwise they’ve got 25” 24.594, 25.5, (maybe even 25 1/4 if anyone remembers those) and then 24.5 fretboards to deal with on the production line. This way they can just dig into a barrel of fretboards and only have to juggle a few.
Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. They did the same thing with the SE ZM - it went from 24.5" scale length to 24.594", right before they announced (or same time as?) the SE 594 lines, IIRC.

Also, @sergiodeblanc , where is your avatar image? I was very confused when I didn't see "something" above your name...

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. They did the same thing with the SE ZM - it went from 24.5" scale length to 24.594", right before they announced (or same time as?) the SE 594 lines, IIRC.

Also, @sergiodeblanc , where is your avatar image? I was very confused when I didn't see "something" above your name...
He as a bad boy, so had to revert to new member. He’ll earn a new avatar once the joke has played itself out.

Back