2023 PRS Silver Sky - Frost with Maple Fretboard

After several weeks, every time I play this I appreciate it more. So much so, that I traded my Suhr Classic S for something else. Don't regret it at all. And that was a custom ordered and fully great guitar.

When I pulled the Silver Sky out of the trusty Hiscox today, where it had been for a week since I last played it ... I caught a whiff of nitro. I looked it up and see these have nitro over catalyzed acrylic. Didn't know that! Cool.

A quick story: very recently I had a guitar shipped to me in a PRS case. The box it was packed in was the worst I’ve ever seen a guitar shipped in..it was wet, had several punctures in, and the only thing holding it together was a crappy piece of tape. When I opened the box I was expecting damage, ( I made the delivery guy wait! ) but to my amazement the PRS case was perfect, as was the 4000.00+ guitar in it. The moral of the story is this: Always use a case, unless you’re transporting it yourself. Congrats on your Silver Sky!

A quick story: very recently I had a guitar shipped to me in a PRS case. The box it was packed in was the worst I’ve ever seen a guitar shipped in..it was wet, had several punctures in, and the only thing holding it together was a crappy piece of tape. When I opened the box I was expecting damage, ( I made the delivery guy wait! ) but to my amazement the PRS case was perfect, as was the 4000.00+ guitar in it. The moral of the story is this: Always use a case, unless you’re transporting it yourself. Congrats on your Silver Sky!
PRS tolex covered wood cases with form fitting interiors are unusually heavy and always have been. I have been using the Hiscox for gigs as it fits classic PRS shapes as well as the Silver Sky. It weighs nothing and is strong as anything.

Back