s2 worth changing pickups?

Hey guys, I just got myself an s2 cu24, pics are on another post. I am not really excited with the pickups in this guitar, obviously they are the s2 hfs and vb, I hear that these are korean made pups that are spec'd to USA models. I am wondering if it's worth upgrading them to actual USA hfs and vb pickups, or maybe 59/09.. I play hard rock and just need some more a** from my pickups. I would do the \m/ but I want uncovered pickups and the \m/ is covered, though looking at the back it seems like you can take the covers off, is this true? I will also say I have debated some seymour duncan's but I feel like running non PRS pickups would be a step back, so I want to stay in house. I am also wondering if an American trem would fit in this guitar? I understand it is the exact trem in the SE models and I would really like an American trem.

I know what you're thinking, just buy a real PRS... Well, I can't afford it! The only reason I got this one was because of zzounds.com 12 payment plan, if not for that I would not have been able to afford it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

S2's aren't real PRS guitars?
I had no idea.....

Last edited:
Back