S2 Singlecut - Bigsby?

bigcohoona

big~C
Good afternoon everyone!

Quick question.

Is it possible to retrofit a stock S2 Singlecut SC250 with a Bigsby? Have always loved the sound of Bigsby's and though I love my hardtail, I thought perhaps it would be a fun project.

Thanks for the help!

~C

Not likely. I would think that the neck angle would be an obstacle.

Is the neck angle different from a Starla?
S2StarDV7MTS-large.jpg

I'm pretty sure it would be the same neck angel .. would the bridge piece need to be redrilled or is it the same hole placement?

61pQEme1T0L._SY550_.jpg

The TOM bridge is a different size so you’d have to plug and re-drill if you wanted to make it legit... believe me, I’ve thought about it a million times.

Now that's intriguing... Never thought about just using the existing hardware.. Definitely wouldn't change the action any either. Can you just purchase locking studs? I've never heard of them before. I'm primarily an acoustic guy so forgive any ignorance!

... or I could get a Yamaha Revstar cheap with the Bigsby and slap some PRS #7's in it! :)

~C

Last edited:
Here are the studs. The revstars are ok. I tried the japanese one and was like meh its alright.

http://www.tonepros.com/sprs2-tonepros-standard-locking-studs-for-prs/
Thanks for the link... I should've looked at the example caption a little closer, I just checked out Tonepros website. Looks like they have a PRS specific product... That may be worth trying... and if it doesn't work I can just use the original bridge and hang my hat on the Bigsby :).

Out of curiosity, how did the Revstar play? I saw it more as a really inexpensive starting point for modding... didn't overly enjoy the tones I've heard.

Played ok. Like i said it was meh tbh. Didn't really make me feel anything towards it. I have an original starla and have added the callaham 360 arm bracket because the original bigsby has a knob that restricts how much you can rotate the arm.

Back