S2 radius query with Tone Pro bridge

Neil Macke

Hi there
Just brought a tonepro AVT2M wraparound for my S2, but bit confused as bridge was marketed as 12" radius but understand the S2 are 10" radius. This bridge was recommended by Tone Pro.

Cheers

The bridge radius might be fine depending on how you like your action. Otherwise, you may need to have the saddles filed so they match the 10" radius instead.

Bear in mind that the saddles aren't notched for your radius and you'll likely want a luthier to do it.

But having had a similar TonePros bridge, I'd recommend something else like a MannMade/Schroeder/PRS. The TonePros let the stings slide off and are annoying to restring.

Last edited:
Thanks for replys. Luckily not got it yet so will avoid. I only thought of getting one as heard horror stories about the McCarty bridge pulling forward and causing playing and intonation issues. Don't get me wrong, I actually have no issues with the bridge itself as intonates well enough for my needs (distorted mad riffs etc...) and looks great.
Just wanting to protect my PRS for the future.

Cheers again

You can purchase just the locking studs if bridge/tailpiece tilt is your concern.

Reactions: JJJ
Yeah man if you like the bridge as is, a solid upgrade that is quick, cheap and effective is the tonepros locking studs.

Back