Really Loving my ZMSETG!

Toledo Bob

Upper Columbia River Basin just south of Canada.
Just wanted to say that I am really loving my ZMSETG! Only mod was to put on 10's and a little graphite lube and all is well. Digging the sock pikup sounds it gives in my new band. After years of playing another famous HEAVY single cut guitar, the ZMSE doesn't hurt my shoulder after a long set. Everybody likes the green finish and the freekin' F hole is the bomb! Thanks PRS for such a great and affordable guitar. Hope you are liking yours too my fellow forum folks. What do you think after owning yours for awhile? Lets hear from you. Guitars are made to be played. How's yours doing for you?

Hey Bob - love mine as well. I am running .10s along with a USA nut, stock otherwise. Haven't been playing out alot, but looking forward to using it when I would have used the Akesson before to see how things sound at stage volume. I do play it 5-6 times a week, so pretty much every time I sit down for a spell to play, it gets worked into the rotation.

At moderate even for basement volume, this thing sustains longer than any other guitar I own. And although it's not quite as sexy as the finish on my core maple and rosewood necks, the satin neck feels great and is one of my favorites to play.

I really like the way the hollow-ness comes through, especially clean. I am finding that I am laying with less and less gain lately, and I think the bridge sounds really fantastic with just a little break-up.

I haven't dropped in locking tuners yet, mostly because I haven't needed to yet...it's been one of the more stable SEs I have ever owned. I will see how that goes if I start lugging it around more, but it handles my basement climate changes just fine.

I can tell you it is the best guitar that I own. I have left mine stock and the only thing I have done is lube the nut and saddles. This guitar vibs from the headstock to the tail like you would not believe. I played it for a couple of hours today and it gets better sounding the more it is played. I use a touch of distortion into a clean amp and this think just sings. I love this guitar. ENJOY!!!

Its a great guitar... I'm liking it more each day and tbh my Santana SE (favorite guitar) hasn't seen action lastly.

Only tying is that it was a bit noisy on the last gig, but it was an unknown PA and it only showed in actual performance (not sound check) so it could be related to the light show

Enjoy it

Back