PRSh at Chicago Music Exchange - April 9

Have fun, fellas!

If it's anything like the times he has come to Righteous Guitars and the videos I've seen, he does a casual clinic followed by a meet 'n' greet / signing session. Paul just wings it based on how he's feeling and what questions the audience asks.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Check with CME about bringing guitars, but what Righteous did is check in your guitar at the beginning and give it back for the signing session. I imagine Paul carries a gold paint pen everywhere he goes. I've had him sign my headstocks, but if you just want your backplate signed, it would certainly be easier to just take it off and bring it with you.

I'll see y'all there.

I'm 5'7", full head (sorry!) of pepper-n-salt hair.

Today's outfit:
- Purple button-down
- Gray jeans
- Gray Chucks

Last edited:
I was 6-8 when I RSVP'd a couple of weeks ago. Was it something different to start?
Probably not. I have been thinking all along it was at 7. I don't know why. But I just got a FB alert that the time has been changed to 6. ??????

Another entertaining evening with Mr. Smith! Boscoe France is amazing - his fret work behind the slide was blowing minds tonight.

Met some quality forum folks - @bodia immediately picked me out by the purple shirt, seen below with my newly autographed best instrument ever:

1RU8maQ_d.jpg

Photo credit: @sergiodeblanc who may have peeped my photo roll, despite his assurances...

@BrianC and I tried to figure out which of us has the widest gear-to-talent ratio. I'm pretty sure it's me, given how many bands it sounds like he's in.

And good luck to @matonanjin on the conclusion of his Chicago guitar hunt.

Other things Paul did:
- reveal a prototype with awesome new pickups that split and kept volume
- he did a shootout of an actual 1957 Strat against a Silver Sky
- another shootout of the prototype vs a 1960 LP
- and then the prototype with the 57
- gifted the prototype to Alex of CME
- picked fights with most of the internet

Back