Anyone Else Going to Clapton September 12?

matonanjin

I am specifically thinking about some of you that I met at the PRS Meet-up at Chicago Music Exchange. @bodia ? @sergiodeblanc ? I can't remember other names.

I just got our tickets for Eric Clapton at the United Center September 12! We just saw him last August in Nashville and it was a great concert. One of the best ever. So we decided to catch him again while we still can. It's not just his age and health that may cause issues; it could be mine as well!!! :(;)

I'm just wondering if anyone else from here may be going.

I am specifically thinking about some of you that I met at the PRS Meet-up at Chicago Music Exchange. @bodia ? @sergiodeblanc ? I can't remember other names.

I just got our tickets for Eric Clapton at the United Center September 12! We just saw him last August in Nashville and it was a great concert. One of the best ever. So we decided to catch him again while we still can. It's not just his age and health that may cause issues; it could be mine as well!!! :(;)

I'm just wondering if anyone else from here may be going.
Negative. Thought about it, but decided to pass. Hope it’s a great show!

I've only seen Eric once, but it was a night to remember for sure, 5th row on the floor, outstanding seats! Back in '97 I believe and Bonnie Raitt was opening for him. I'd sure go again if he came back to Edmonton.

I've only seen him once. Back in 1975. But it was a double whammy with Santana...

I've only seen him once. Back in 1975. But it was a double whammy with Santana...

What?!?!?!?!?!? Holy sh%^!!! Clapton - Santana. Same stage?!?! Same show?!?!

We saw two great concerts last year. Clapton in Nashville and Santana here in Omaha. But, and I repeat, same night!? And I repeat again, Holy sh%^!!!

What?!?!?!?!?!? Holy sh%^!!! Clapton - Santana. Same stage?!?! Same show?!?!

We saw two great concerts last year. Clapton in Nashville and Santana here in Omaha. But, and I repeat, same night!? And I repeat again, Holy sh%^!!!
Yup... and at 19 y/o or so I was just old enough to appreciate it properly.
I'll also never forget one audience member.
He made his way down to the front of the stage about 5 mins before show time, stripped down buck nekkid, and proceeded to do cartwheels back and forth facing the audience.
He made it about twice before security grabbed him and ushered him out.
Of course he got a standong O.:D

Thanks for the heads up! Saw him at Poplar Creek in...'83...and then at Rosemont in 87. Perhaps time to see again. Of all the songs, Let it Rain was the best live song performed. I'm sure he's learned some others since then :D

Thanks for the heads up! Saw him at Poplar Creek in...'83...and then at Rosemont in 87. Perhaps time to see again. Of all the songs, Let it Rain was the best live song performed. I'm sure he's learned some others since then :D
Poplar Creek! That brings back some good memories. The Mrs and I used to buy some of their package deals. Two, or three years of that before they closed the place. Missed Clapton there once (I think it was '92). My boss was nice enough to schedule me into a training class on short notice. Lets see, a trip to Fairfield. New Jersey for two weeks of training, or a Clapton show. Of course, my boss was nice enough to buy the Clapton tickets so he could go to the show. Bastard!

I've made up for it, though. First time was Alpine Valley with Mark Knopfler playing in his band (Buckwheat Zydeco opened). Saw SRV's last show there, opening for Clapton, in 1990. The night Stevie died. Other memorable EC shows were is "Blues" tour at the United Center and the second Clapton Crossroads Festival at Toyota Park, in Bridgeview, IL. Man, that was a looooonnnnnggggg, hot day. I was spent for days after all of that heat, sun and booze.

There have been 3 or 4 other shows that we've been to. All at the UC, IIRC. Always a great show.

I've made up for it, though. First time was Alpine Valley with Mark Knopfler playing in his band (Buckwheat Zydeco opened). Saw SRV's last show there, opening for Clapton, in 1990. The night Stevie died. Other memorable EC shows were is "Blues" tour at the United Center and the second Clapton Crossroads Festival at Toyota Park, in Bridgeview, IL. Man, that was a looooonnnnnggggg, hot day. I was spent for days after all of that heat, sun and booze.

OMG, you saw Stevie play that night!?! That makes me feel even worse. He was playing here two nights before. I was mowing the lawn and my wife came out and told me that tickets were still available. I said, "No. I've got too much to do. We'll catcth him next time." He went from here to play Clear Lake, Iowa, the next night and then on to Alpine Valley.

OMG, you saw Stevie play that night!?! That makes me feel even worse. He was playing here two nights before. I was mowing the lawn and my wife came out and told me that tickets were still available. I said, "No. I've got too much to do. We'll catcth him next time." He went from here to play Clear Lake, Iowa, the next night and then on to Alpine Valley.
Yeah. I called in sick the next morning because I was beat. Alpine Valley is a two lane road nightmare out in the middle of the country. It's a pain to get out of there. Add 120 mile drive home to that, and I just couldn't do work. About 9:00 my boss called to see why I was not coming in. I told him I was just feeling under the weather. He said, "You're staying home in mourning for Stevie." I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me. I lost it. I knew he was bummed, too. We had seen SRV with Little Feat and Jeff Healey, at Alpine Valley, the year before. The first time I saw him was in late '85 or early '86 at a little ballroom in Davenport, Iowa. I was right up against the barrier. It was an amazing experience.

I was such a Stevie fan. I collected a bunch of newspaper and magazine articles. With that stuff, I made this:

dOTRr6o.jpg

Back