PRS / Suhr Trade question

Texsunburst59

I have a local seller who wants to do an even trade for my '15 Suhr Sherwood Metallic Green Classic Pro SSH.

Here's what he's offering for it. He's valuing both guitar at $2000

One is a 2011 PRS SC58 Blue Crab w/ 57/08 pickups.

qlidekkcfk9rssjgwjes.jpg

The other is a 2010 PRS SC245 Solana Burst 10 Top #4 of 16 Willcut special run Artist grade top and
59/09 pickups.

wgrgipbtcdbvwbjuyjhx.jpg

Here's my Suhr. It's probably worth about $1700-$1800 on the used market, and I picked it up at the end of last year for $1340.

43966630980_d1c398bc3a_b.jpg

What are the guys on the forum thought on the trade.

How do these compare if at all to the new 594's?

I know the pickups and scale are different, buy is the 594 that much different from the SC58 and the SC245 in tone a playability, for those who have 1st hand experience?

Any help or advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oh my god, I looooove Solana. Does that have a rosewood neck? ‘Cause if it does, I would get that one.

Yes is does have the one piece Madagacar Rosewood neck.

So I'm really thinking of just buying the guitar from the guy out right instead of the trade.

I'm leaning toward the Solana

Is $2K a good price for this particular guitar or should I offer $1700-$1800?

Even is this guitar plays and sounds amazing, the Suhr is a really amazing guitar in it's own right.

What's say you Sergio?

Yes is does have the one piece Madagacar Rosewood neck.

So I'm really thinking of just buying the guitar from the guy out right instead of the trade.

I'm leaning toward the Solana

Is $2K a good price for this particular guitar or should I offer $1700-$1800?

Even is this guitar plays and sounds amazing, the Suhr is a really amazing guitar in it's own right.

What's say you Sergio?

If it were me, I’d sell the Suhr and take that $1700 you’re thinking of using and buy something Santana shaped.

If it’s just advice on what to do with regards to these particular guitars.... bring the Suhr and the cash and see what happens. Maybe you can get ‘em both?

Oh.... and if the 245 is the one I think it is and on Reverb, I think there’s something funky going on and it had to be refinished in an area so... that’s immediate cash off.

If it were me, I’d sell the Suhr and take that $1700 you’re thinking of using and buy something Santana shaped.

If it’s just advice on what to do with regards to these particular guitars.... bring the Suhr and the cash and see what happens. Maybe you can get ‘em both?

That's taking a different there,but It's something I now need to consider.

I do NEED a Santana in the collection.

There's a ship in San Antonio and Austin who should have the SC58,SC245, and the Santana in stock.

Might as well audition them all and see which one floats my boat.

Thanks

Oh.... and if the 245 is the one I think it is and on Reverb, I think there’s something funky going on and it had to be refinished in an area so... that’s immediate cash off.

It is the on that's on Reverb Sergio.

I wanted to see what the board thought was a better price, and I was going to offer even less than that because of the blemish.

I’d buy that Solano and keep the Suhr if you can swing it. I think that’s one heck of a guitar for 2 grand. I’m assuming it’s in great shape.

I was kinda thinking the same thing,but it does have some blemish which really doesn't matter to me that much.

I could use the blemish issue to know off some more on my offer.

That's taking a different there,but It's something I now need to consider.

I do NEED a Santana in the collection.

There's a ship in San Antonio and Austin who should have the SC58,SC245, and the Santana in stock.

Might as well audition them all and see which one floats my boat.

That’s the right answer.
I like the Solana - my SC245 with 59/09 is a killer.
Santana’s speak to many of us here so you need to give one a shot.

All 3 will be very different from you Suhr, so give some thought to how much you want that sonic space on your palette.

It is the on that's on Reverb Sergio.

I wanted to see what the board thought was a better price, and I was going to offer even less than that because of the blemish.

I asked because I was looking at that guitar before I got sidetracked with the WSL I just bought.

IDK, the finish issue might not have scared me off but, yeah, I’d totally try and knock him down to at least $1700 because average PRS buyers are mostly looking at 594’s now.

I asked because I was looking at that guitar before I got sidetracked with the WSL I just bought.

IDK, the finish issue might not have scared me off but, yeah, I’d totally try and knock him down to at least $1700 because average PRS buyers are mostly looking at 594’s now.

I forgot about the 594.

I guess I'll have 4 guitars to audition then.

I'm really not going to see how they all compare to the Suhr, because I know it's apples and oranges.

I really want to see which of the 4 really speaks to me in playability, tone, and versatility.

It looks like it’s got a couple body scars but nothing that’s too crazy from what I can see in his glarey pics

I suspect it might also have nitro finish, which makes is more prone to battle scars. If that’s the case, the Solana would be even more desirable.

I would trade either (and maybe both) of my Suhr guitars for an SC58

Solana w/ solid RW neck = NEAT AXE!!! Different animal than the Suhr, for sure. I'd check the "battle scar repairs", and put that one at the top of my list if they're not too bad.

Hmm, I will admit that if I had $2K spare, I'd be tempted to pick up that RW neck SC245, but I would certainly look to get a better price due to the repaired damage - if you can see it in a photo, it will very likely be obvious to the naked eye.

Back