PRS SE Santana club

Duffy

On the South Bank of the West Branch of the Susque
I just purchased a really nice new PRS SE Santana in Santana yellow. I like this guitar a lot. The build quality and sound are both excellent. I definitely like the stock 245 pickups.

Of special mention, my Santana has the most awesome mahogany neck I've seen. It has a tightly striped dark/light color to the grain all the way up the neck and is very beautiful.

If there isn't a SE Santana club, feel invited to post about your SE Santana here. Hopefully we can get something going.

I meant to reply to this earlier, sorry to leave you hanging brother...

I absolutely love my SE Santana, it's a great guitar.

I have upgraded pretty much every component to its Maryland counterpart. Phase II tuners, Brazilian Rosewood TRC, USA nut, Core model trem w/ Mann Made saddles, McCarty switching kit, USA output jack, Amber Lampshade knobs, USA strap buttons and currently a set of Mira pickups.

ana.jpg

She's a keeper for sure!!!

I'm having trouble typing in my messages. It is skipping letters, etc.

I just got my SE Santana and have not done any upgrades. What do you think made the most noticeable difference? I like the 245 pickups but could see getting nickel covered ones for this guitar and using the 245's in an older SE Standard as seen in my Avatar.

Beautiful guitar by the way. How does the new trem compare? I like the PRS type trem.

I need to get some pictures of mine taken and posted up. Just use Photobucket suppose to pot pictures.

I have mini locking Grovers on my Singlecut SE and like them. I especially like the Schallers on some of my other guitars. I like the thumb wheel on the bottom.

Again, beautiful guitar. What amps are you using with it? I have the new Marshall DSL40 combo and the new DSL100 head and a Vintage style 212 Avatar cab with twin Eminence Swamp Thangs. The Swamp Thangs are really nice.

I primarily play her through my PRS Sweet 16 or 2 Channel "H" both paired with a PRS Stealth Deep Back 2X12 cab...

I also use a Fender Mustang amp for practice and USB recording for convenience. Not the greatest amp on the planet but super cheap, versatile and good enough tones for its purpose.

Changing the Trem made a huge difference in the sustain and resonance department! The guitar rings like a bell and big open chords have this nice natural reverb like quality.

The stock pickups were ok but I wanted coil splitting and a little more refined tone so I tried a set of early McCarty pups that looked and sounded great in the guitar.

A while back I scored a set of Mira pups in a big trade deal and decided to give them a go in "Saint Ana" and it really opened the guitar up. Sweet, well balanced tones, especially both pickups tapped and adjusting with the volume pot gets great results.

The tuners and nut made a noticeable difference stability wise. The SE hardware isn't bad but the Maryland Made stuff just feels solid and does, to my ears anyway, make a tonal difference.

Here's a pic when the McCarty pups were installed...

a_n_a.jpg

That top is insane for an SE!!! I've played a couple of these, but never owned one...they play fantastic. I do kinda wish they were 24 fretters like their USA counterparts. Still, none-the-less, they are great guitars.

That's a nice looking guitar. I think the open coil pickups look better than the covered ones on this guitar and I bet the all black ones look fantastic. The stock zebra 245's on mine are definitely okay for now, at least.

What do they call the frets on these anyway - tall, thin? They are not super jumbos like on my Hartley Peavey Signature tiger maple top.

One of those trem units would be nice but for over 350, that's steep.

Ex-member, this one was particularly pretty:

WP_20130609_001_zps74aed001.jpg

And my first one, hope she also found a good home:

2011SESantana.jpg

That's a nice looking guitar. I think the open coil pickups look better than the covered ones on this guitar and I bet the all black ones look fantastic. The stock zebra 245's on mine are definitely okay for now, at least.

What do they call the frets on these anyway - tall, thin? They are not super jumbos like on my Hartley Peavey Signature tiger maple top.

One of those trem units would be nice but for over 350, that's steep.

Thank you for the kind words about the guitar guys!!!

I'm not real sure about the frets...

Keep an eye on the second hand market, I scored that Trem from a forum brother at a significant discount and it was worth every penny!!!

Here we have the old & the newer . My first PRS an original SE Santana & one of my favorites an orange SE Santana
72FenderStart_zps0a851733.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I bought an SE Santana once and never got it... I so want to be a part of this club after falling in love with the body shape and scale length of my KL.... someday.

DSCN0354_zpsdf823bb6.jpg
Here's "Maria," my new Santana in beautiful orange. My heart sure skips a beat lol.........count me into the club!

Real nice guitar. Like that orange. Definitely a nice guitar. I need to get some pictures of mine and post them. I have also been playing my Hartley Peavey Signature, another nice Korean guitar, plugged into different amps.

Thanks bro...yea I love this guitar. It sure is the best looking and best playing guitar I ever laid down cash for.......The Peavey's are great as well! Get those pics posted......

Thanks bro...yea I love this guitar. It sure is the best looking and best playing guitar I ever laid down cash for.......The Peavey's are great as well! Get those pics posted......

Yeah, the Santana is hanging right here a foot and a half from my head and I need to take some pictures of it. The hassle is uploading them to Photobucket and then doing the inserts. I will get it done soon. I wish you could just drop your own pictures from your picture file right into the post.

Santana SE's toggle switch

How many Santana SE owners have had a faulty toggle switch from factory? I just purchased a Santana SE last Saturday, the thing was so beautiful I did not even play it at the store. When I plugged in at home, the toggle switch was not engaging properly, no big deal, store took care of it right away!! But now I am curious, how many folks here have had an issue with the toggle switch of your Santana SE? By the way, here is mine!

11948332413_839526b399_b.jpg

Count me in for a faulty switch, guitar has probably less than six to ten hours of play time on it since I got it new summer of 2012.

I played my new style Santana PRS SE the last few days cranked thru my Marshall DSL100H and Avatar two twelve cab with twin Eminence Swamp Thang speakers.

Man, it sounded wonderful. Those 245 pickups hold together great and sound super good at high gain cranked. I'm sure they designed the guitar to sound great cranked at high gain.

My Gibson SG Standard 2012 model with 490/498 humbuckers also "screams" when cranked thru this amp rig.

Some of my guitars just don't sound good with high gain.

Try cranking your tube amp up with some reverb with your Santana SE if you haven't already. I think you will be impressed. You might want to use hearing protection.

Back