PRS SE Santana club

Eduardo,

Comparing my Santana SE to an LP and a LP Special (double cut)... There are a couple differences in feel. First, the short scale makes all of these guitars feel a little softer, string-wise. The difference of scale length between the two is very slight, and only slightly noticeable. It's not like night and day. The other difference in springy, or slack feeling is down to the trem on the Santana. It makes the strings much softer, much slacker feeling. I do have to be careful not to overbend when I switch to the PRS.

The other difference is one you are negating... The 24 fret neck sits in just a little different place than my other guitars.

Eduardo,

Comparing my Santana SE to an LP and a LP Special (double cut)... There are a couple differences in feel. First, the short scale makes all of these guitars feel a little softer, string-wise. The difference of scale length between the two is very slight, and only slightly noticeable. It's not like night and day. The other difference in springy, or slack feeling is down to the trem on the Santana. It makes the strings much softer, much slacker feeling. I do have to be careful not to overbend when I switch to the PRS.

The other difference is one you are negating... The 24 fret neck sits in just a little different place than my other guitars.
I see... theyre quite similar, then? Guess the slack feeling is due much more to the trem, comparing to the actual scale lenght... gonna play the Santana to see about neck shape and other details, see if I like it... but thanks for the light!!

Back