PRS PS #5905 - wood selection.

Wow, Vaughn! That turned out fantastic. What a great quilted maple top and figured mahogany back. Nice choice on the 20th Anniversary birds, too. Big time congrats, my friend! :adore:

It's kind of hard to miss -- once you see it, you can't unsee it. Think Smaug's schnauz.

I suppose after he gets it I'll have to push for a jam session just so I can dirty it up with drool, lol. Looks awesome man, gratz!

It's kind of hard to miss -- once you see it, you can't unsee it. Think Smaug's schnauz.
Yes, I see it. I tend to focus on a smaller area of the top an kinda missed the bigger "picture". She shall be the ice dragon, I have some names in mind already.

A piece of art. I would be afraid to play it.

It's art, but it's also an instrument, meant to be played!

Knowing Vaughn, he will rock that thing.
Indeed. I spec'd it for a specific sound with the thick back and controls to function easily for me for live use. I'm sure I'll be very careful with her for a good while.

I suppose after he gets it I'll have to push for a jam session just so I can dirty it up with drool, lol. Looks awesome man, gratz!
lol- no idea how we haven't gotten together yet as close as we are to each other!?!

Congrats on a terrific guitar!!! The bookmatching is SO tight down at the bottom, you can't even see the seam near the bridge. Be sure to post the specs or cert when you post NGD!

Words, there are none.

1AMcsNI.gif

So I've been holding out. I got the guitar Thursday night. The top is absolutely everything I dreamed about when I spec'd it out. Ultra 3D quilt. It moves in the light. The little I've played thru an amp, it seems to be everything I wanted tone wise. A thick, meaty beast tone. Authority in the bottom end. You've seen the glamour shots from Brian, here's some cell shots basking in the morning sun:

ADCEF59A-C3E8-4008-8665-C1B3B4B4B3AE_zpsimy3yi20.jpg

1D2D02D5-6C1B-4D5B-BF85-438CFDF17CF2_zpskpdwgbkt.jpg

FE99B50A-B84D-4977-B65A-84AA17AF9485_zpsrdmkwfq9.jpg

E6F5C8AE-7658-480A-9183-8FE37BCADE31_zpsoz5tqy3w.jpg

Oh. Vaughn.

That faded blue works brilliantly on that top. Great choice. I'm looking forward to hearing it in the future. I especially love that it lived up to your expectations.

If there is another Experience, we should gather these beauties for a little lobby session.

Congrats!!!

Back