PS 11158 (Vault Trip)

goof1073

So I've been holding onto this news for a little bit, but I'll let the cat out of the bag now that Brian (Brian's Guitars) has posted about his recent visit to the Vault. Myself and my buddy were fortunate enough to get a vault slot when Brian / Graham visited MD back on July 26th. Both of them, their PRS rep (Peter), Paul Miles, Tina and everyone else we met were beyond gracious hosts. While I've done a custom build in the past, going into the Vault has been a true "bucket list" item for me and my buddy (who has PS 11159 on order now)...something we've talked about doing for a long time!!!

I've got to tell you...picking through all of the great pieces of wood / narrowing it down was tough!!!! But after some back and forth and Paul Miles' helpful hand (tone tapping neck blanks) we got it down to this. Going to be a CU24 Stoptail (adjustable), semi-hollow (no f-hole), IRW neck (regular neck carve), African blackwood board, mini-offset birds (stained to match the top), \m/ bridge & 57/08 neck and black hardware. As of right now I'm going with faded Blue Steel as the color, but that could change later. So ya...PS 11158 is in the oven and I couldn't be more pumped!!

dK25nDu.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic top and overall impressive design. Congratulations on getting this milestone checked off the bucket list. Now the more difficult part, waiting to see it all come together. I cannot wait to see the final product.

Awesome!!
I hope they open the factory up again. I would like to tour it!

That one piece top is insane...
Yes...I forget to also mention the tour, that was awesome also!!! Much different experience being in the factory when it's operational versus the "Experience PRS" events (which were also fantastic and I hope they come back also).

@JasonE - Be careful what you ask for...I believe the Brian's Guitar crew might be going back in December sometime. :cool:
I have purchased from Brian's in the past as well. I wonder what the lead times are on getting the build started?

I have mentioned to my wife more than once about how cool it would be to go to the library and pick out everything and have it built. She has told me more than once that I should do it and that it would be a great life experience. I don't do things for myself like that but this is one thing I would love to do. I don't like dropping that much money on one guitar like that either but to have the whole experience I would probably just do it.

Back