PRS Private Stock Custom Form/Menu

nyc_dude

I am finding it difficult to find the right spec PRS Custom 24, and am considering a Private Stock Build to Order PRS. I found a PS form online, but I didn't see a menu of options to select. I just ordered a Jackson Rhoads Custom Shop and Martin Custom Shop 000-18 Ambertone and they had a nice selection of option to configure your Dream Guitar Spec with approximate prices for each upgrade. The wait for a Custom Guitar is 1.5 to 3 years. HaHa.

Anyone have a PRS Private Stock Menu or List of Options? I am not looking for anything crazy, just a buffet of options the exist on other PRS Custom 24 Wood Library Guitars at a reasonable price ($5k-$6k). Interesting a things like a satin roasted Flame Maple Neck, Gold Phase III Locking Tuners, a one-piece Quilted Ten Top, 24-08 switching, the small abalone Eagle on the headstock, and an abalone Birds neck Inlay on a rosewood fingerboard, plus the PS Paisley Case.

This Mid-life Crisis is getting expensive. Thankfully, I have managed to resist a Porsche 911 GT-3, despite a new Porsche Dealership opening 3 blocks away..

Cheers

I am finding it difficult to find the right spec PRS Custom 24, and am considering a Private Stock Build to Order PRS. I found a PS form online, but I didn't see a menu of options to select. I just ordered a Jackson Rhoads Custom Shop and Martin Custom Shop 000-18 Ambertone and they had a nice selection of option to configure your Dream Guitar Spec with approximate prices for each upgrade. The wait for a Custom Guitar is 1.5 to 3 years. HaHa.

Anyone have a PRS Private Stock Menu or List of Options? I am not looking for anything crazy, just a buffet of options the exist on other PRS Custom 24 Wood Library Guitars at a reasonable price ($5k-$6k). Interesting a things like a satin roasted Flame Maple Neck, Gold Phase III Locking Tuners, a one-piece Quilted Ten Top, 24-08 switching, the small abalone Eagle on the headstock, and an abalone Birds neck Inlay on a rosewood fingerboard, plus the PS Paisley Case.

This Mid-life Crisis is getting expensive. Thankfully, I have managed to resist a Porsche 911 GT-3, despite a new Porsche Dealership opening 3 blocks away..

Cheers
You would be better off contacting a dealer for that type of information.

You would be better off contacting a dealer for that type of information.

This.

Also, be prepared....I don't think a Private Stock order will put you in that ball-park in terms of price. Starting out as Private Stock will be close to twice that, I believe.

All that being said, Silvertree has it right. Contact a dealer, they'll get you the right tools to build your order and you can go from there.

Yeah, gotta agree with what the others have chimed in. Contact a dealer, and spec it out. For the price you mentioned above, you better off looking for a Wood Library that comes close to what you're after. No way you're going to spec a PS for less than 5 digits, no matter how "plain"

You would be surprised at the prices for a Jackson or Martin Custom Shop Guitar. Yes $1k-$2k more with a few special options. Then add the CA 10.25% (Vig) sales tax. The Jackson Custom Shop form is downloadable. Martin has a website where you configure the Acoustic Guitar step by step, like a Wizard. But it doesn't show every option, so you have to triple check the detailed Spec Sheet they send you. The Wizard App isn't perfect.

If you shop for a PRS Guitar (Core Model or Wood Library) on Reverb and add it to your Watch List, you might get an offer for 10% off from the Seller. There are Guitar Fairies and Guardian Angels out there.

Cheers

Here is the closest thing I have found to what you are looking for:

Private Stock Order Form

Not sure what dealer I downloaded it from, and no pricing, but I think base price for ANY PS is $9k or something like that! Also, not sure if this form is fully up to date, but it will give you a start!!
Thanks. I have that Private Stock form from PRS. It is the list of options to fill in that I was looking for.

Moondog Wily....What a great unbreakable password. No one would ever guess that phrase, especially the Chinese Hackers. HaHa

Cheers

Last edited:
The only thing of what you listed that you can’t get on a wood library is an eagle on the headstock. There are lots of dealers who can help you make it happen. I’ve had great dealings with Brian’s guitars, Wild cat guitars. There are a bunch of others right on this forum I’d throw my money without hesitation as well.

The only thing of what you listed that you can’t get on a wood library is an eagle on the headstock. There are lots of dealers who can help you make it happen. I’ve had great dealings with Brian’s guitars, Wild cat guitars. There are a bunch of others right on this forum I’d throw my money without hesitation as well.
And even then, can you get a baby eagle on a guitar that isn’t an Experience guitar?

Back