PRS ONLY? What else do you play?

Woollymonster

I have only had my PRS ME for a week or so. It seems to be all settled in and the set up has been tweaked. It is a really great guitar. But I still love to hit my Tele or Strat through a tweed. Crank up the champ with the Lester Paul and bang on Humming Bird for awhile.

What else are you guys playing?

Love my Strat... The Bernie and the Strat cover all grounds really... And sometimes I just love the sound only a single coil equipped guitar can deliver. Love them both!

Got other guitars too including acoustics, but those two guitars are my pride and joy!

I've got a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat that I keep around for nostalgia, or for when I really want to try my hand at some Eric Johnson. I have pretty much gutted the thing and entirely replaced the pickups, electronics (switch/pots/jack), and hardware (tuners/bridge).

Otherwise, my Custom 24, CE 24, and Hollowbody II are all I really need. I rarely touch the strat.

Nothing sounds better than my R9 (w/Throbaks)=> EP Booster=> Marshall YJM100=> Avatar 4x12 (loaded with Greenbacks).

I took my SC245 to a jam tonight and it sounded pretty awesome though- a bit easier to play too.

Prs dgt, ibanez rg 870 through my hughes and kettner grandmesiter 36 . Pretty much all I need right now

I play mostly PRS electrics, but i have evil urges to play Telecaster's. I know it's wrong of me but I have to admit this fatal flaw that and I want a Knaggs Choptank so bad....I wont even mention my Taylor and Martin acoustic issues.......

When I play with real people, I'm usually a bassist. I have some nice Spector basses that I love. Incredibly well made and occasionally show up on the used market. Love the 35" scale for low B strings...My first few were new , with rosewood necks, which is my RW experience....and they absolutely kill tone wise !!! NSJH5 and NS2H5 ...and thinking hard about swapping 1 or 2 for a GG 5 ...

Love my PRS ZM, but i also play Ibanez JS guitars (JS2000 and JS700), i am planning to sell the JS 2000 to buy somthing else may be another PRS or a Stratocaster :)

I have a pretty good mix, I believe: Hamer Artist, G&L ASAT Jr (korina with P90s), Strat and Tele for electrics, and a Collings OM1 and Martin 000-15 for acoustics. And a couple saxes, clarinet and flute.

Where to begin....LOL. After GASing for 30 years I have 70+ guitars. My favorite non PRSi guitars are my Mayones, Skervesen, USA Jackson's and San Dimas Charvel's. I did just pickup a new USA Fender select quilted that just gives me goosebumps.

Besides my PRS 408 and three (one ZM on the way too) SE guitars, I have a small Fernandes with a built in amp and speaker, and a 2012 Gibson '61 Reissue SG.
Old pic from June of 2012 before I found out about PRS.
Notice no wall mounts on my wall yet.

12.jpg

I got lucky and got a flawless SG that just needed a proper setup from my local PRS dealer, and I had the little Fernandes setup by them too.
Both now sport the Planet Waves Autotrim locking tuners too.

I hardly play the SG though as the PRS ones are easier to play.
The Fernandes is my TV guitar.
When watching TV I will mess around with it figuring out songs I hear, and no need to amp it up since it has a speaker and amp built into it.

Check my signature line for list. My next go to after my CU24 is my Gibson E/2 Explorer. High output Dirty Fingers Pups but it is very dark sounding. Almost never play the Fenders but I keep them for sentimental reasons more than anything.

I've been gigging the last couple years with my ESP Eclipse II, vintage black.

On occasion I pull out my 02' Gibson SG Special Faded, it's pretty unique because it has crescent moon inlays that they put on the Special Faded series for a couple years only.

Besides my CE 24, I have a '13 LP Standard and an '02 Flying V.

1 PRS and 2 Gibbys, but I want to balance that, so I want to get an SC 250 or the S2 SC.

I don't dislike Fender, but PRS and Gibson are by far my favorite guitars, and I can get those strat tones with my CE. Maybe I'll consider a Tele after I get my SC.

Ron Thorn guitars are amazing. There is nothing else like them. The ultimate tele is a Thorn GT. And the Thorn Deluxe is an amazing piece. The instruments are so well made and they sound and play amazingly. There is something about the Thorn necks which make them so easy to play.

Gibson Nighthawk, Gibson Robot studio, epiphone 62 reissue crestwood and sorrento both with gibby mini buckers, but the one I crave the most of my none PRSi is my Music Man Albert Lee-- VINTAGE WHITE WITH ROSEWOOD NECK!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only other guitar I play is my one off Eastman Pagelli. It sounds like a piano and rings with amazing clarity and warmth. It comes standard with a bone saddle. I found the bone saddle to have to many overtones. I fashioned a saddle from ebony and not only was the problem gone, the clarity and definition went through the roof.

36574_446297182084644_970984537_n.jpg

Back