PRS ONLY? What else do you play?

My PRS is still pretty new, but I also have a Les Paul Studio Deluxe which I have picked up once or twice (though I'm trying to sell it to either grab another PRS. or a nice Strat for a completely different tone). I'm more of a bassist though, and have a Warwick Streamer Stage II and Warwick P-Nut II. So the PRS and Warwicks are my dream instruments, leaving the last spot open to tinkering!

A 1973 Custom-made Gretsch Duo-Jet; a 1980 Fire Red Ibanez Blazer Custom Made Series (though it's not custom anything) with , Super Tap 6 PUP, my favorite single coils; a late 70's MIJ Norlin era Les Paul set neck copy, which I've been tinkering with since I got it in the late 70's (PUPs, tuners, bridge, wiring have all been changed more than once). I bought the MIJ LP as a toss away guitar between real Les Pauls and somehow it became my number one for several decades.

2onvqOe.jpg

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany and Taylor T5 Standard

We'll 4 stratocaster 2telecasters Gretsch 6120 59 reissue Flying V and a firebird 5. But my prs's rule the roost.

My Les Pauls, and an Anderson strat.
I recently acquired a 7 string ESP horizon with a FR, and I've been having fun with this gutar lately.

fr7_zps626edf5c.jpg

I have only had my PRS ME for a week or so. It seems to be all settled in and the set up has been tweaked. It is a really great guitar. But I still love to hit my Tele or Strat through a tweed. Crank up the champ with the Lester Paul and bang on Humming Bird for awhile.

What else are you guys playing?

I have a Tele, a Gibson 359, and Gibson Johnny Smith. Eventually I will have a Strat agian. PRS semi hollows, Gibson Hollowbodies, Strats and teles. The 4 main food groups for me. :D

Let see. I have a couple of Les Pauls, an SG, Strat, Tele, an Epiphone ES 355, Taylor Solidbody standard, plus an old J-30 and a Martin.

Mostly PRS. A couple of Strats an old Martin, and a cheap bass. Oh, and a banjo.

A Thorn Artisan semi-hollow P90, a Thorn R/S, 2 Lesters (a'58 RI flame top, and a the first '56 Goldtop aged by Murphy), a Cunetto Nocaster, a Danocaster "Keef" model, a Fender '63 Tele Relic, a Fender RW Tele, a Fender '60s Tele w/a Bigsby, 4 Cunetto Strats (of various era/flavors), and a gaggle of Gretschi…

404883402.jpg

(the Anderson Cobra is gone)

404883399.jpg

404883401.jpg

404883400.jpg

404883407.jpg

404883405.jpg

Acoustics? My besides my Tonare, I have a '76 Martin D-35, and a Tacoma EK-36C #44/200...

I have a Rainsong acoustic, a Fender Hot Rod '62 RI, and a Chapman ML-2 that I use for drop tunings.

'65 SG Special, but haven't played it in years, it lives at my brother's. I'm all PRS otherwise, electric and acoustic.

My last serious non-PRS was a custom shop 335 maybe 5-6 years ago, but compared to the ergonomics of a PRS, it felt like going from a Ferrari to a moving van. So I sold it.

Last edited:
The only other guitar I play is my one off Eastman Pagelli. It sounds like a piano and rings with amazing clarity and warmth. It comes standard with a bone saddle. I found the bone saddle to have to many overtones. I fashioned a saddle from ebony and not only was the problem gone, the clarity and definition went through the roof.

36574_446297182084644_970984537_n.jpg

Hubba Hubba! That is stunning. I would wipe that baby with a diaper (to clean up drool).

Wardog, my first "real" guitar was an original '62 or '63 Sorrento. Way high on mojo, the neck was far from straight--more of a gentle "S"! The finish had faded to almost no burst, and that fantastic green of the reissue. I can't wait to try one of the reissues.

Hubba Hubba! That is stunning. I would wipe that baby with a diaper (to clean up drool).

Wardog, my first "real" guitar was an original '62 or '63 Sorrento. Way high on mojo, the neck was far from straight--more of a gentle "S"! The finish had faded to almost no burst, and that fantastic green of the reissue. I can't wait to try one of the reissues.
I loved the Crestwood and snapped it up last yr. modded with locking vintage tuners and 50's wiring. I walked into the local guitar store 2 weeks ago and they had a natural Sorrento sitting on the rack. Just came in and WOW. I normally don't like a wide body on a guitar, but it feels so good. And having gibson pickups in it from the factory with the crazy grey hardcase with royal blue interior is just icing on the cake. the Coolest part of the Sorrento is it's 1092 of 1962. And the last four digits of my cell phone is 1092. Noticed that a week after getting her. Signs from above I guess.

Back