PRS ONLY? What else do you play?

Lately....about 40% various PRS, 30% various Thorns, 25% various Hamers, and 5% "all other" (a 335 and a G&L ASAT Classic.)

Too many guitars to do them all justice. (First world problem.) I really should sell off some of them to address that.

But I won't.

My main favourite now is my SE Custom 24. Apart from that, my very humble stable houses a beautiful acoustic from Norman and a Squier Deluxe Strat. I've been contemplating getting an Explorer-shape for sometime now, as well as an SG shape, a superstrat and a Tele.... and the list goes on. I love diversity. :D

Many others have been and gone, but PRS have been the only guitars in my stable for over a decade. If it hits all the right buttons, why change what works so well ..

This is my wooden family, almost all of them were getting play time until last year when I got the PRS, the pink one is the only one can compete with the P22 by the way

cd99b889443b1f6b6ca5d52a13a17b43_zps5442c64d.jpg

I have only been playing for about 5 years, so my gear collection is small, besides my Angelus and my Santana SE(2001-07 version) I own a Yamaha F-310P Acoustic, that I love, You never forget your first, I need to fix it though. lots of stripped holes on the headstock and I re-glued the nut on wrong:(. I also have a Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-Electric, but I rarely touch it anymore.

I will admit to my weakness for Teles with Humbuckers, and I kinda want a Les Paul Futura. Traben Basses, Gibson Acoustics, and Fender Amps all attract me as well.

Rough numbers
Maybe 40% PRS
Probably 20% Fender (Strats, Teles/Esq)
20% Shredmachines (Mostly Ibanez)
10% Gibson
10% Super Strats (Suhr, Anderson Etc)

Something like that anyway. Apart from the PRS and Gibs the rest are mainly Bolt-ons.

I must admit I have a few Fender Strats, a couple of SGs(1 Epi and 1 Gibson), a couple of LPs(1 Epi and 1 Gibson)and my three SE PRSs. I play and enjoy them all. ENJOY!!!

I've sold damn near everything I have that's electric and non-PRS. There are 3 singlecut P-90's (all with a different sound & electronics), a Whale blue SE Singlecut with Semen Dunkmore's that coil tap, an SE Singlecut tremolo that is a brute, a Korina singlecut, and an SE 245 going in for mods. All of these have been altered in one way or another. Other than that, there's a custom frankenstrat getting cobwebs, and some archtops and acoustics. The P-90's all have stock pickups, which may surprise many. Just upgrade the volume and/or tone control and they kick. All of the guitars have a changed nut, to either PRS USA or Graphtech. I like to modify the SE's to what I want. Amps are Tech 21's only. A trademark 30. a trademark 60-1-12, and a trademark 60- 4-10's. They're my desert island amps.

Last edited:
I am a noob to this forum. Been playing actively for over 40 years now. Yep, I'm that old and still gigging each week. I play Blues. After a long lifetime playing Gibson Traditionals I am waiting on my first PRS to arrive from Sweetwater eventually. Its a ZM. Thought I wanted to try another high quality guitar before the old hands give completely out. Learning lot about PRS from all of you.

002.JPG

Here's a pre-delivery pic of my new James Tyler Studio HD Elite Custom. I'm generally a PRS guy all the way, but this guitar is sensational in its own right. It's not so loaded with rock and roll testosterone like my PS P22, but it has a great character and playability. A nice super Strat from a boutique shop.

002.JPG

Here's a pre-delivery pic of my new James Tyler Studio HD Elite Custom. I'm generally a PRS guy all the way, but this guitar is sensational in its own right. It's not so loaded with rock and roll testosterone like my PS P22, but it has a great character and playability. A nice super Strat from a boutique shop.

Me likey!!!

I like to rotate an SCHBI, a P22, an LP Goldtop with P90's, and an American Deluxe Strat. On the acoustic end, I am loving my Breedlove Voice Concert.

I've mainly been into the Telecaster since 2007. I still enjoy my Strats and occasionally my Ibanez Talman. A Cole Clark Angel holds down acoustic duties. Still love my two PRS guitars and I'd love to get another when the time is right.

a strat and a Larrivee D-09. That being said, after adjusting the pole pieces on my ZM SE pickups, the single coil type tone is enough that the strat may not get any love.

Back