PRS in film....

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
I’m having a day of reminiscing, having recorded a re-run of Back to the Future trilogy. I’m watching Part deux and what do I spy on the wall of Cafe 80’s? A brace of PRSi if I’m not mistaken!

Anyone know of any history behind their appearance in the film -

And who knew that Marty McFly’s choice of guitar in the year 2015!

Last edited:
I’m having a day of reminiscing, having recorded a re-run of Back to the Future trilogy. I’m watching Part deux and what do I spy on the wall of Cafe 80’s? A brace of PRSi if I’m not mistaken!

Anyone know of any history behind their appearance in the film -

Not me but I can see where the idea for 'Max Headroom' might've come from - 0.32 seconds in...

Yeah, Marty McFly plays the PRS a couple times in that movie. In the scene where he gets fired (or one of those - I think it's early in the movie) he goes into his office and grabs a solid color PRS for a second or two before Lea Thompson comes in.

Yeah, Marty McFly plays the PRS a couple times in that movie. In the scene where he gets fired (or one of those - I think it's early in the movie) he goes into his office and grabs a solid color PRS for a second or two before Lea Thompson comes in.
Yeah, I caught the “firing” scene after I posted this. It was the metallic blue one, just strummed acoustically!

The Johnny B Goode scene was played on an S style Valley Arts!

Back