PRS Employee guitars....let's see 'em guys!!!

I definitely do! I'm at work now (I'm a video game developer at this point), but later on this evening I'll get some shots of my axe and bring up some interesting experiences.

One tidbit: Once Ted Nugent walked into the Final Assembly area where I was installing electronics and stringing up guitars (he was there to pick up 3 of his Serengeti models). Someone pipes up and says 'Hey Ted, you gonna' play the Cap Center tonight?!' He puffs up and says 'Naw, I'm gonna' ROCK the Cap Center tonight.'

That's freaking AWESOME! I can't wait to hear more stories - thanks for sharing!

I definitely do! I'm at work now (I'm a video game developer at this point), but later on this evening I'll get some shots of my axe and bring up some interesting experiences.

One tidbit: Once Ted Nugent walked into the Final Assembly area where I was installing electronics and stringing up guitars (he was there to pick up 3 of his Serengeti models). Someone pipes up and says 'Hey Ted, you gonna' play the Cap Center tonight?!' He puffs up and says 'Naw, I'm gonna' ROCK the Cap Center tonight.'

Spoken like a true rock star haha! I still hold a slight personal vendetta against Ted though. At NAMM a few years ago he made an unexpected visit to the PRS room and put on a show for a while. Any other time this would have been epic, but he cut into Mikael Akerfeldt and Fredrik Akesson's (Opeth) clinic. They never got to play and I was sad. It was funny seeing PRSh trying to get him to stop playing, but the Nuge would not be denied haha!

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;45629 said:
So that's the proper name for the zebra-striped PRS?

Heh, not sure if it was the proper name, I thought I saw it referenced in his catalogue, but the red spray was called a 'Serengeti spray' by us in the shop.

I cant remember who this was made for... I haven't owned it in years, so have forgotten. But it is a McSoapy with chrome covers, clear knobs, and wraparound raspberry color. The neck pup was the bees knees!

I think this sucker is living in the UK at the moment... Ian? Is this yours, now?

McSoapy5.jpg

WOW... that's my favorite of the bunch so far! Very Cool :D

Spoken like a true rock star haha! I still hold a slight personal vendetta against Ted though. At NAMM a few years ago he made an unexpected visit to the PRS room and put on a show for a while. Any other time this would have been epic, but he cut into Mikael Akerfeldt and Fredrik Akesson's (Opeth) clinic. They never got to play and I was sad. It was funny seeing PRSh trying to get him to stop playing, but the Nuge would not be denied haha!

Haha, I'm unsurprised. Definitely the kinda' guy that feels like the sun revolves around HIM (was my impression).

Haha, I'm unsurprised. Definitely the kinda' guy that feels like the sun revolves around HIM (was my impression).

Actually, according to the man himself, the sun revolves around EVH.....Ted is only a satelite. EVH= "no bigger ego in the world"

Back