Pink SS? Maple? NAMM?

Soooo, er uh... this strat that’s now for sale? What might it look like?

Asking for a friend.

It's garish. Orange with pink stripes, overlaid with a green plaid, 'complimented' by a patchwork splatter pattern of light blue and lighter brown, mixed in with a checkerboard of yellow and fuschia. It's not for a woman with refined tastes like yours.

Soooo, er uh... this strat that’s now for sale? What might it look like?

Asking for a friend.

And the other PRSi that were built to ‘get close to the strat sound’? What might happen to those little guys?

Asking for another friend.

Get the “pink” one pre-ordered and start saving!;)

Get the “pink” one pre-ordered and start saving!;)

Pink? You mean the ‘peach-ish’ one?

I can buy it now but I’m trying to be all adult about my savings (it was sort of my New Years Resolution... oh did I mention that NYE at Prince’s house was AMAZING? Mike Scott used a tricked out PRS Hollowbody on the Purple Rain solo and it sounded ridiculous). I made a deal with myself to spend this year practicing and getting better at playing; if I do that then I can buy another guitar next year. I knew the maple board SS guitars were coming this year but I didn’t expect them to be so damn pretty.

I can buy it now but I’m trying to be all adult about my savings (it was sort of my New Years Resolution... oh did I mention that NYE at Prince’s house was AMAZING? Mike Scott used a tricked out PRS Hollowbody on the Purple Rain solo and it sounded ridiculous). I made a deal with myself to spend this year practicing and getting better at playing; if I do that then I can buy another guitar next year. I knew the maple necked SS guitars were coming this year but I didn’t expect them to be so damn pretty.
That is incredibly adult.
I’ll bet they have a couple more colours for you next year.
Good luck. I’m probably going to save being adult for 2022 - after doing something highly irresponsible on Feb 22.

That is incredibly adult.
I’ll bet they have a couple more colours for you next year.
Good luck. I’m probably going to save being adult for 2022 - after doing something highly irresponsible on Feb 22.

Thanks! Yeah, I bet you can play guitar better than I can so you’ve got a few more years to be toddler-ish.

I’ve got to catch up.

I can buy it now but I’m trying to be all adult about my savings (it was sort of my New Years Resolution... oh did I mention that NYE at Prince’s house was AMAZING? Mike Scott used a tricked out PRS Hollowbody on the Purple Rain solo and it sounded ridiculous). I made a deal with myself to spend this year practicing and getting better at playing; if I do that then I can buy another guitar next year. I knew the maple board SS guitars were coming this year but I didn’t expect them to be so damn pretty.

One of my bucket list destinations is Paisley Park. I've already met Mike, so that's one check. But I'd love to see that place, along with Sun Studios, Abbey Road (inside - I've been on the sidewalk outside the property)...

One of my bucket list destinations is Paisley Park. I've already met Mike, so that's one check. But I'd love to see that place, along with Sun Studios, Abbey Road (inside - I've been on the sidewalk outside the property)...

Come on down! It is awesome just to see all the guitars, basses, and studios. It is so much better organized now that they’ve finally made organizational changes. They are going to start having more parties (just like Prince used to) where they showcase local musicians and Prince concert footage.

For NYE, all we had to do was bring canned food and winter clothing for a community center that Prince supported throughout his life. They ended up with 7 vans full of donations!

I want to visit Abbey Road too. I didn’t think to go there when I was in England.

Come on down! It is awesome just to see all the guitars, basses, and studios. It is so much better organized now that they’ve finally made organizational changes. They are going to start having more parties (just like Prince used to) where they showcase local musicians and Prince concert footage.

For NYE, all we had to do was bring canned food and winter clothing for a community center that Prince supported throughout his life. They ended up with 7 vans full of donations!

I want to visit Abbey Road too. I didn’t think to go there when I was in England.

I will have to make the trek sometime. I find Prince really fascinating - the musical vision, the ability to get it from his mind to his fingers, and the way he had PP set up to fully facilitate it.

I was in London for a business trip, and looking up where Abbey Road was came as an afterthought. Once I realized I could get there, I made sure I did it that same day. At that time, it hadn’t been opened to the public, so I didn’t feel comfortable walking up to the door, but I got some pics and did the zebra crossing.

Nice one @Casi1 now where did we land on this pink (ahem) I mean peach guitar.

I mean next year that colour could be discontinued!;)

It's garish. Orange with pink stripes, overlaid with a green plaid, 'complimented' by a patchwork splatter pattern of light blue and lighter brown, mixed in with a checkerboard of yellow and fuschia. It's not for a woman with refined tastes like yours.
Nah, that’s not the one. I’m keeping that one.

Back