Pics....the type you play with with....

ckfJrN6b.jpg

these are my main go to picks. I've always like the adamas 2.0, mostly because of them being associated with Jerry Garcia and Trey from phish. the new Ernie ball ones a becoming a favorite lately. Still trying to figure out if i dig the speed bevel or not.

10 years! I have not used V-Picks for more than 5 years, but I have worn the points away and had to reshape them. Yours doesn't have points so it helps explain the longevity.

Red is an ideal colour. I tend to lose the clear ones. How can you tell where they went?

Colored ones are easier.
Yeah I don’t wear them down at all

Tortex Jazz III green for electrics. For bass and for steel string acoustics, I've messed around with either Gator Grip 1.14 or no picks at all. For nylon, I don't use picks.

I use the normal black Jazz III's for as long as I can remember.
They are really long lasting and I use them for everything.
Have bought some red ones as well when I could not find the black ones in stock.
Admittedly the red ones seem to be easier to find.
I also bought a John Petrucci Jazz III six pack, they are a bit bigger can't really get used to them....
I loose them often, but sometimes my wife and kids find some around the house and bring them to me!
Can't explain why it feels good when they find my lost picks... o_O

Well I just got some new ones to try tonight, courtesy of a form brother. Flow John Petrucci picks. First impressions are very good! Maybe a bit thicker than I like, but certainly a great pick.

Someone I sent pins to mailed me back some picks. One of them was a John Petrucci Jazz 3 style, which I am kinda liking as a contrast to my usual Ultex .73

I just picked up some Jazz IIIXLs Tortex 1.14mm. I also bought some of the Flex but they haven't arrived yet. I've been using Ultex Sharp .73s for the last several years so the new thickness is taking some getting used to. I'm looking to switch to see if I can find some picks that don't wear out as quickly as I am going through the Ultex Sharps.

Longtime user of Dunlop Nylon .88's, recently prefer Dunlop Nylon Maxgrip .88's.Also have our band Logo and website on Steve Clayton Custom pics.

Back