2009 PRS Blue Sierra amp problems

No new from PRS service this week. Have the 2nd gig this week without my amp but should be worth the wait I hope

Spoke with PRS service today my Blue Sierra amp has been there for 1 week, they said it may be week after next before it may be done,He did say it's with there best tech and want to make sure it is Tip top and working right so I don't mind how long it takes it needs to be right.I do have many gigs right now as I am a working player but I have a nice 5E3 Clone amp I built that sounds really good,I use it with a Brown box set at 114 volts and that really helps the amp tone and feel is so much better and my Vintage old stock tubes run cool. I will update on Blue Sierra amp repair as It is repaired

Spoke with PRS service today my Blue Sierra amp has been there for 1 week, they said it may be week after next before it may be done,He did say it's with there best tech and want to make sure it is Tip top and working right so I don't mind how long it takes it needs to be right.I do have many gigs right now as I am a working player but I have a nice 5E3 Clone amp I built that sounds really good,I use it with a Brown box set at 114 volts and that really helps the amp tone and feel is so much better and my Vintage old stock tubes run cool. I will update on Blue Sierra amp repair as It is repaired
Sounds like you are well covered!

Thank you Dmathews, Got an email today and my amp is done ,They suspected trouble in fan circuit and noticed a heater wire had disconnected and was hitting the chassis and blowing fuse so repaired that and a bit more parts were replaced in fan circuit and Tech says amp sounds and performs great now. Can't wait to get it home !

Thank you Dmathews, Got an email today and my amp is done ,They suspected trouble in fan circuit and noticed a heater wire had disconnected and was hitting the chassis and blowing fuse so repaired that and a bit more parts were replaced in fan circuit and Tech says amp sounds and performs great now. Can't wait to get it home !
It'll be like getting it new all over again!

Back