Pickup Values and Phase SE 245, SE Santana, S2 594

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
Just for grins I made this little spreadsheet and tested the pickup resistance and pickup phase in the guitars noted.

The Phase in/out refers to the direction the "slug" I used was going in while monitoring the voltage, as iron slug through magnet flux field makes voltage. IN is towards the pickup, and OUT is away from the pickup.

The pos/neg is the polarity of the voltage reading (mV) as the slug was passed in one direction, as an iron slug passing through a magnet flux field makes polarized voltage depending on the winding and phase of the single pickup.

It was interesting. Even though the 245 bobbin is a reversed neck bobbin (noted in my NGD 245 thread, it appears to be wound correctly as it's in phase. The Bridge pickup in the Santana is really high compared to all the others. The Santana are in phase, but reversed polarity from the other two.

As long as the pickups are in phase, it's good! I thought the 245 was for sure out of phase with the reversed bobbin.

Anyway, numbers below!

TFcsQml.jpg

Oh, and for sure my Slug was de-magnatized before I started waving it around the pickups ;)

Is the 2020 SE245 equipped with the TCI treatment? In years past, the SE245 and SE Santana shared pickups. In fact, the pups are labeled “Santana”. Interesting that you found such a difference, especially in the neck.

Back