Photos, let's see 'em

No not USA Bill. I live in Portsmouth uk. The pics were taken at Portchester foreshore leading to Portchester Castle. The little church is inside the castle walls. Thanks for the interest and for the kind comments. I'll try to add my location to my sig!

Just gorgeous...Thank you for the memories!!! Haven't seen Portchester...yet. My wife and I have visited the UK a few times and areas around old castles are where we try to stay...(B&B's, etc...).
We've seen Kenilworth, Dover, Avebury (no castle, just beauty), Leeds, Warwick, London Tower, Windsor (my wife's favorite) and into southern Wales...Manorbier, Carew, Cardiff, etc...

Just gorgeous...Thank you for the memories!!! Haven't seen Portchester...yet. My wife and I have visited the UK a few times and areas around old castles are where we try to stay...(B&B's, etc...).
We've seen Kenilworth, Dover, Avebury (no castle, just beauty), Leeds, Warwick, London Tower, Windsor (my wife's favorite) and into southern Wales...Manorbier, Carew, Cardiff, etc...

You need to get yourself further north laddie!:D

Wow, you may have seen more of uk than I have the US. I used Trailways to cross from east to west & back 1976-77 during a 7 month stay. I returned to cruise the east coast NY, Boston, Portland etc. 4 years ago.

Portchester Castle is little more than a ruin and quite small. It's originally Roman, augmented by Saxons then Normans. Nearby Arundel Castle is habitable and excellent condition. The inside is a vulgar display of wealth; not unlike the Vanderbuilt's Newport Cottage! Web search pics for these!

An oldie that I missed, “Deloris Claiborne.” I really liked it. Still rate “The Stand” as #1, but there are a bunch of good ones.

The Stand is one of my all time favorites, for any author. I think I've read that 5-6 times. Followed closely by It, and The Gunslinger.

I think I remember that one tho: Is it the one w/the rich woman and her maid? I probably read it 20 yrs ago, and don't recall much about it...

The Stand is one of my all time favorites, for any author. I think I've read that 5-6 times. Followed closely by It, and The Gunslinger.

I think I remember that one tho: Is it the one w/the rich woman and her maid? I probably read it 20 yrs ago, and don't recall much about it...

Yes, Delores is the maid with the abusive husband. Shawshank certainly ranks at the top, too. I’m still afraid to use our clothes hamper due to The Shining.

Yes, Delores is the maid with the abusive husband. Shawshank certainly ranks at the top, too. I’m still afraid to use our clothes hamper due to The Shining.

Have you read the other books that come after The Shining? I'd say that Black House is my favorite "King + 1" novel, but if you're going to read it then you have to read The Talisman first. Then Dr Sleep and the following after...

Have you read the other books that come after The Shining? I'd say that Black House is my favorite "King + 1" novel, but if you're going to read it then you have to read The Talisman first. Then Dr Sleep and the following after...

I’ve read a bunch, but I don’t think those. I will though. Thanks for the recommendations. I’m always looking for good reads.

An oldie that I missed, “Deloris Claiborne.” I really liked it. Still rate “The Stand” as #1, but there are a bunch of good ones.

"The Stand" is great - back in pre-kid days, I read that on vacation in four days. The unedited one. Absolutely loved it. The Bill Hodges trilogy is excellent. I have a lot of books to catch up on, but when I retire...

"Misery" is still the only book that actually made me jump when I read it. That one scene...

60556153_108291626975424_4532898509659593324_n.jpg

60632825_356816668519415_7471418958923687352_n.jpg

So for over the past week my wife and I have been watching this tiny baby duck frantically swimming back and forth in front of the dock (Crystal Lake, Frankfort, MI). You could practically hear it crying, “Mama, where are you?!!” It was breaking our hearts.

Today, we walked out on the dock and saw this!

I don’t know if it was the actual mother or she just adopted this lost baby, but mama would not let this little one out of her sight.

Last edited:
Back