Peavey news

My first amp was a Solid State Pacer (early 80's), and you could drop it off a building and it would do fine...and their Sound Systems and Power Amps were also built like tanks, some are still going strong
...but more recently (last 10-15 years, they move MUCH production overseas and their QC process is suspect, to say the VERY least. Sad.

Epic bad management of inventory, compounded by giving it away for cent on the dollar

Wow, that's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

There's some decent stuff there, but pages and pages of amps that were discontinued 10+ years ago!!

I used to hold Hartley Peavey in very high regard due to the fact that, in the beginning, he was dedicated to providing good tools for the working musician for a reasonable price and he had the appearance of a man whose resolve was steadfast and his word was his bond, strong as an oak tree. I can remember how there was a feature in some guitar magazine back in the 80s (can't remember which one it was) about him and it showed him holding the magnetic rings for his speaker cones ("Yep, we make these too...") and I thought it was great how he was a maverick within the guitar community and kept everything in-house, kind of like how Paul does it now. However, and not to throw unnecessary shade at the guy, I saw that episode of Undercover Boss with him in it and the epilogue at the end really made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I used to hold Hartley Peavey in very high regard due to the fact that, in the beginning, he was dedicated to providing good tools for the working musician for a reasonable price and he had the appearance of a man whose resolve was steadfast and his word was his bond, strong as an oak tree. I can remember how there was a feature in some guitar magazine back in the 80s (can't remember which one it was) about him and it showed him holding the magnetic rings for his speaker cones ("Yep, we make these too...") and I thought it was great how he was a maverick within the guitar community and kept everything in-house, kind of like how Paul does it now. However, and not to throw unnecessary shade at the guy, I saw that episode of Undercover Boss with him in it and the epilogue at the end really made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I dig that show, but haven't seen it forever!

I didn't catch that one, how did it end?

I dig that show, but haven't seen it forever!

I didn't catch that one, how did it end?
It didn't end very well for two employees. One was fired and another was demoted and it pretty much gave Peavey a black eye in the guitar community. Peavey later tried to back pedal with a press release saying that it wasn't true and blah blah blah.
http://www.musicincmag.com/News/2015/150220/150220_Peavey.html

Who knows who is telling the truth in this story but what is clear is that Peavey's reputation now is only slightly higher than Gib$on's at this point.

Official word is this is just getting off of all the leftover stuff from warehouse consolidation.

That undercover boss deal did not help them at all.
Knuckleheads.

It didn't end very well for two employees. One was fired and another was demoted and it pretty much gave Peavey a black eye in the guitar community. Peavey later tried to back pedal with a press release saying that it wasn't true and blah blah blah.
http://www.musicincmag.com/News/2015/150220/150220_Peavey.html

Who knows who is telling the truth in this story but what is clear is that Peavey's reputation now is only slightly higher than Gib$on's at this point.

Ugh, that sux. TBH, I've never been a huge Peavey fan, but seeing how the whole industry is in turmoil still makes me feel a bit unsettled.

How much for just one rib?
giphy.gif

Peavey is an example of a company that always managed to trip over their own male appendages over and over and over again. I am disappointed because the HP2 is/was a great guitar and had a place in the market.

Wow, just watched a few minutes of the auction. If I was anywhere near MS I'd consider bidding. You can get ridiculous amounts stuff for next to nothing. Sell 'em all on craigslist and triple your money easy.

For example, 17 PA speakers for $400.

Back