Couple videos of my Paul's Guitar in action

markd21

This past weekend, my band "Demented Truth" travelled south to play Rack'em Billiards in Cape Coral, FL. Rack'em is a cool venue - it's a pool-hall by day, and concert venue by night. Because of this, there is a constant, transient crowd the whole time. People stay if they dig your tunes. Since there is no cover, if somebody is walking by and digs your tunes, they just walk in! It's a really fun place!!

Anyway, this was a part of their 21st Anniversary. We were honored to be asked to perform on Saturday night.

For this gig I decided to try my Faded Vintage Yellow Paul's Guitar. I played it once in rehearsal, and while I was digging it, I just never went back to it. I would also be using my now trusty Line 6 Helix rack. I used to use Rivera amps (25 years with my S120!!) but with getting older (HA!) moving a tube half stack got to be a pain....

With the Helix I am going straight to FOH and I am using an EVZLX12P wedge behind me for a little bit of stage sound. My "amp" in the Helix is a Vox AC15 with an OCD for drive. I am using stock dual cabs - a Vox 2x12 Silver Bell cab, and a Marshall 4x12 with 20-watt Celestions.

Going back to the guitar...one of the BIG things I love about the Paul's Guitar is the single coil sound. Prior to PRS I played Jackson USA guitars. I either used a modified PC-1 or some Custom Shop pieces. The BIG thing for me has always been to be able to have a bluesy neck pickup sound. The Paul's Guitar has that. Combined with the bridge single, it gives me a tone that I have always wanted to hear, but was never there in other instruments. Of course, just using the HB in the bridge is awesome too (that's where I am MOST of the time).

On to the videos!!! I am going to include all of them in this one post. Hopefully if you dig one, you'll check the others out too!! These run in order of how we played them in the set. The music is all original - and there are some flubs, but the energy of this show was too good not to share!!!!

This is our set opener....

A few songs later in the set. This one is one of my favorites (actually I love all these tunes, which is why I made them into videos first, lol). At the beginning I am talking to the owner. I have seizures and the song prior to this one they had strobe lights going. I had to jump down and tell them to turn them off. he was letting me know it was all cool....

This is a new one, and the first time we played it live. You can hear the HB/SC combo during the first part of the guitar solo.

This one...I don't know what to say other than it's cool!!

Anyway, thanks for watching!! Next show I might play my Violet P22!!

Thanks!! I was pleasantly surprised with what I was hearing. As I watch other clips and other people's videos, it is pretty universal that the Paul's Guitar is a beast!!

Back