NPAD!!! I finally got one!

End all of those sentences with, “with no pants on.” There, that’s more realistic!
Danced in the neighbor’s yard, with no pants on.
Hi-fived the neighbor’s cat, with no pants on.
Scared the mailman, with no pants on.

See??!! That’s much more fun.
Thanks fer painting that picture! :eek:

Well the honeymoon is over...I love, love, love this thing but...the remote app that allows you to deep edit via Bluetooth, stopped working and now refuses to connect on any of my devices. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper.:mad: You can tweak most of the tones and such on the top of the amp, but as far as cab sims, different types of reverb, etc. Are now out of the picture. I plan on contacting SW tomorrow, but from what I've been able to find on the old ineterweb I'm hosed, and it has to be sent back to Yamaha:(. App problems were the main reason I splurged for the Yamaha as opposed to the Positive Grid Spark. Anybody else here have the new wireless one that's had the same problem?

Well the honeymoon is over...I love, love, love this thing but...the remote app that allows you to deep edit via Bluetooth, stopped working and now refuses to connect on any of my devices. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper.:mad: You can tweak most of the tones and such on the top of the amp, but as far as cab sims, different types of reverb, etc. Are now out of the picture. I plan on contacting SW tomorrow, but from what I've been able to find on the old ineterweb I'm hosed, and it has to be sent back to Yamaha:(. App problems were the main reason I splurged for the Yamaha as opposed to the Positive Grid Spark. Anybody else here have the new wireless one that's had the same problem?
This blows!

you can hook it up to a laptop usb. The editor is available as a download. This may not solve your problem but you can play.

Yeah, I have. It still works fine minus the remote app part. Just really disappointing for it not to work flawlessly as advertised. Seems like Yamaha would have had a fix as soon as the issue became widespread. Especially at this price point ya know. Either way I still love the idea and the way it sounds. Just pissed to have this issue.

There must be a firmware upgrade that addresses this. Yamaha is too meticulous of a company to stand for this issue for long. I know sh@t happens, but this is a well liked and respected product. And SW will stand behind it, as they should.

I agree...that's the very reason I spent the extra coin. Still no fix so far, waiting on SW to get back to me. Apparrently, it's a well known issue but it's sporadic. I'm sure they'll have me sorted out soon. Just wish I had heard of the issue in some of the reviews. But...there was nada. Only bad reviews are on google play for the app itself. I will say this, the amp continues to amaze me with it's sonic capabilities! Everything else about it is absolutely fantastic!

Good news! Finally got the firmware update from Yamaha this morning! Now it's perfect. Apparently, it is only necessary if the amp falls within a certain set of serial #s. So all is well in practice amp world today. Love, love, love this thing. Now I'm in the process of chasing down some good tones for all the presets. I highly reccomend getting your hands on one of these, if you're in need of a great practice amp. Now I'm off to jam!!

Good news! Finally got the firmware update from Yamaha this morning! Now it's perfect. Apparently, it is only necessary if the amp falls within a certain set of serial #s. So all is well in practice amp world today. Love, love, love this thing. Now I'm in the process of chasing down some good tones for all the presets. I highly reccomend getting your hands on one of these, if you're in need of a great practice amp. Now I'm off to jam!
Perfect!

Back