No band!

I really like Marty Music on YouTube. I especially appreciate the way his lessons are always super useful stuff, rather than isolated bits and bobs designed to rack up channel clicks more than actually teach you stuff. His mixing solos and chords one is seriously the best, downright epiphany-spawning guitar lesson I've ever seen on YouTube. When Ed King invites you over to his house to show you the one thing he did differently on "Sweet Home Alabama," you're a pretty ace guitar teacher.

Last edited:
While playing The Gap Band, I'm hearing an imaginary voice declaring, "All skate, everybody!!"

Last time I heard this band, it was on a tape, I'd just gotten my license, and was cruising the main drag with my girlfriend.
Depended on the week, it could have been ice or roller skating. Drag racing...ditching the cops. And getting out of school to play other high schools’ convocations with my lame Yamaha amp. Oh, and it was an 8 track in my car.

Hey bro';

Don't sweat it, bands come and go. There will be another, better one.
Improve your skills if that is something you feel the need to do.
Also, open your mind. We all get stuck in ruts and develop tunnel vision.
Do what you love, love what you do ... stuff that makes you feel good, gives you satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment.

I'm 47, I've been playing in bands continuously since I was 15, in all kinds of permutations.
Honestly, I feel your pain. If I couldn't play, that would have a big negative impact on my life.

Good luck ... keep your chin up!
:)

Hey bro';

Don't sweat it, bands come and go. There will be another, better one.
Improve your skills if that is something you feel the need to do.
Also, open your mind. We all get stuck in ruts and develop tunnel vision.
Do what you love, love what you do ... stuff that makes you feel good, gives you satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment.

I'm 47, I've been playing in bands continuously since I was 15, in all kinds of permutations.
Honestly, I feel your pain. If I couldn't play, that would have a big negative impact on my life.

Good luck ... keep your chin up!
:)
+1

Back