NGD Stripped SC58

I can only imagine. It's in one of my hands if there's a fire that's for sure.

What is your address? Just in case... :p

I'm not a huge Gold Top fan either, but I do like them. And if I found one like that, I'd be all over it. I keep thinking that one of these Stripped 58 guitars could be THE PRS Les Paul that I've always wanted. My buddy's shop (same one that had the core flametop Mira) had a Stripped 58 with 57/08's and he practically begged me to play it and I didn't because I couldn't afford it at the time. I now realize how stupid that was. I SHOULD HAVE, just so I'd "know" even if I couldn't buy it.

If I can just get my last purchase figured out, my lifetime "wants" will be one step closer to "realized." Still working on that one. But something like this could be next.

What is your address? Just in case... :p

I'm not a huge Gold Top fan either, but I do like them. And if I found one like that, I'd be all over it. I keep thinking that one of these Stripped 58 guitars could be THE PRS Les Paul that I've always wanted. My buddy's shop (same one that had the core flametop Mira) had a Stripped 58 with 57/08's and he practically begged me to play it and I didn't because I couldn't afford it at the time. I now realize how stupid that was. I SHOULD HAVE, just so I'd "know" even if I couldn't buy it.

If I can just get my last purchase figured out, my lifetime "wants" will be one step closer to "realized." Still working on that one. But something like this could be next.

I'm shocked how much I like this gold top. It was instant. She's a real looker in person. I've never disliked them but didn't think one was for me, or I'd own one. Now I can't imagine not owning this one. The whole guitar is absolutely perfect for me and that's not something I often say. This is THE PRS Les Paul I've always NEEDED!

Last edited:
Now that a month or so has passed and we're no longer on the honeymoon I'm still in love with a stripper. She truly is special and amazes me everytime I play..

This is one of those guitars that are difficult to sound bad. The sustain is awesome and unique. Almost as if she sustains with the attack, if that makes any sense? Hard to describe. Without a doubt this is the most comfortable SC I've ever played. Big fan of the body carves at the belly and neck joint. The pattern neck is a favorite. Super comfortable and I can I play her all day without fatigue.

The 57/08 pickups are great. The neck sounds absolutely beautiful and the bridge really shines with a lil dirt, nails a creamy tone I've had in my head for years. That said, clean I prefer the 59/09 bridge and can see why the 57/08 and 59/09 combo would be killer. Still wouldn't give up the 57/08 in the bridge for this guitar because of that creamy classic sound that just fits.

Speaking of change. The only change I've done or will do.

Screenshot_20211207-030226_Gallerycf7973880150e541.jpg

All in all I highly recommend the SC58 to anyone looking for a singlecut. I feel very fortunate to have this one and you owe it to yourself to check one out.

I know exactly what you mean.

Back