NGD Stripped SC58

SinSir

Mad Scientist
I never thought of myself as a Gold top guy but as soon as I grabbed this one I knew I was in trouble! I've been on the hunt for a PRS SC for a couple years. I've probably played 100 and a few of them said take me home. A couple times I thought for sure today would be the day but walked out with something else or nothing at all for whatever reason.

Well the day has come!

Screenshot_20211031-202722_Gallery5e82aab3f9f367aa.jpg

This guitar checks so many boxes for me. Of course it plays like a dream, sounds fantastic, feels and looks stellar. I'm not much of a binding guy and think the dots work well on a SC. The natural back is my favorite. I've been dying to try a set of 57/08 and man o man do they deliver! The bridge pickup and a tube screamer is a creamy heaven of tones. The neck pickup is sweet, deep, full, and round as a SC should be. The pattern neck is quickly becoming my favorite neck of all time. I have nothing but praise for this guitar.

The SC hunt is over.

Screenshot_20211103-111037_Gallery52cfd24cc961b470.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-111019_Gallery20d9381525f3e5ce.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-111027_Gallery9dad43111068d3c9.jpg

I'd find that hard to resist, too! It's gorgeous.

My Stripped 58 was one of the nicest sounding PRSes I have ever had, and one I wish I'd kept.

Sweet! Stripped 58's are the real deal--no BS, just great handling & tone. The 57/08's certainly don't hurt, either...

What a great axe. 57/08s are killer.

I agree with all.. I know I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase but this guitar really does sound amazing! Every time I pick it up I'm impressed with the 57/08s. They're just perfect in here. Clean they sound great but it's truly outstanding how well they handle a little dirt. They nail a tone I've had in my head but have never really been able to get quite right until this guitar. And the surprising thing is how it does it with ease.

I agree with all.. I know I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase but this guitar really does sound amazing! Every time I pick it up I'm impressed with the 57/08s. They're just perfect in here. Clean they sound great but it's truly outstanding how well they handle a little dirt. They nail a tone I've had in my head but have never really been able to get quite right until this guitar. And the surprising thing is how it does it with ease.

The McCarty Singlecut PS I have is the closest I've come to the tones I got with the Stripped 58; I had an SC58 Artist and it wasn't as close. So we are talking a VERY fine guitar in the Stripper, a guitar that has lots of the characteristics of my #1 PS. Not too shabby!

I also adore the 57/08 pickups. They're a great compromise between a purely vintage tone and a tad more 'pushed' rock tone, and they respond extremely well to the guitar's volume controls.

You're a lucky person if you found a great one, that's for sure!

The McCarty Singlecut PS I have is the closest I've come to the tones I got with the Stripped 58; I had an SC58 Artist and it wasn't as close. So we are talking a VERY fine guitar in the Stripper, a guitar that has lots of the characteristics of my #1 PS. Not too shabby!

I also adore the 57/08 pickups. They're a great compromise between a purely vintage tone and a tad more 'pushed' rock tone, and they respond extremely well to the guitar's volume controls.

You're a lucky person if you found a great one, that's for sure!

I agree 1000%, very lucky man, this is a special one. One of those guitars you pick up and wonder how the heck did anyone let it go? Or the reverse, one you still kick yourself for letting go years later. It takes a lot for SC to impress me and this is one of the few that goes beyond impressed.

Back