NGD something different than a 594 :)

Rider1260

I see so many folks heading toward the 594, that I need to swim upstream a bit
I started life as a F-Type player and I have had a few shorter scale guitars but usually move on after a bit once I found the 25" scale I was in LOVE and then I found the 513 ( and soon a NF3 ) and that was really great , I also have a thing for the most different ( original ) PRS ( i.e. 408 , 513 etc )
To be honest I thought I was done for a bit then I saw THIS ----
Brushstroke 24 and well its mine now !!!
Great top and color ( Blood Orange I believe ) and the Birds very unique

I don't have much time on it but I am really impressed already it might be moving to the top of the list really quick.
Like my 408 the mini toggles are more like tone adjustments than coil taps up is a bit brighter and with more bite down a bit fuller and punchy, I was wondering if the bridge small 408 would be a bit tame but it rocks just fine and fits my style well so far I think in a band this will really be a great guitar !!!
I will get more pics when the sun comes up.

What?? - There are other guitars besides 594's?!?

I had no idea!! ;)

Congrats, Mike! That looks like a great guitar!

Tone report !!!! you shall have

First play right out of the box -- It was in tune and had a great acoustic sound ( Looking good so far :) ) it plugged it into a little Cube 15 I keep at work and WOH BABY I could not believe the sounds I was getting clean to metal just nice , I had to stop annoying my coworkers so home I go

Get home and YEA nobodys home crank it up !!!! -- Unfortunately family came home pretty quick so the joy was short lived.

On to the report --
Better amp even more impressed gone is the idea that the small 408 bridge pickup is in anyway small sounding.
Like my 408 standard this guitar sounds very even ( I call it EQ Flat ) it has great Low end , killer midrange , and nice balanced punchy high end the coil taps are really useful both clean and with any amount of gain, In a band situation this guitar will JAM

AS with most all guitars I did a bit of setup there was nothing wrong just the final tweeks that make it feel like home !!!!
Wow even better now -- and on some sleep and the final test

Saturday after a few Honey Do items I paid a visit to the Cu24 - Marshall man cave ( Thanks Brian ) to see how this one would hold up next to his great 24 fret PRSi ( It already did great against mine )

I should have taken pictures but we were to busy lets just say this guitar could be anyones #1 I can see why Paul did this guitar ( with 2 narrow 408s )

Hoping Brian will chime in he is really good at describing what guitars sound like , I will say this is a really really nice 24 fret PRSi

and a couple of pics

Funny thing is I have yet to find a loser PRSi , I have sold some to get something else I lusted after if I had unlimited funds I would have kept them all .
Of the guitars I have now there is not a #1 guitar in the bunch

Mike (Rider) came over on Saturday to my home with his new toy. We put it through all the paces, and to be honest it was much more impressive than I would have thought it might be. I anticipated it to be a bit more polite than a growler.

Beautiful top and color. Great paisley case as well.

I must say that it did everything well, even the high gain stuff. What I liked best was playing it clean split. This is usually not my cup of tea but this guitar inspired new directions!!!

After all isn't that what a new guitar is all about anyway???

A 24 fret Paul's Guitar! Love my Paul's, the tone really cuts from the bridge pup. Really dig the color of that one also. Congrats!

Congrats. Saw this guitar couple of days ago on TGP. I guess you snapped it? 408 pickups are fire breathing animals. Love mine.

Back