NGD - Official!

Figured I'd edit the old thread and get this where it belongs. LoL!

Comfy neck on that thing. Had to go out early so I haven't been able to plug it into my rig yet. It's glorious acoustic, though!

Nothing like sunlight shots ....

43510972_10212859351422596_7491286437334089728_o.jpg

It's glorious acoustic, though!
The acoustics are the most important aspect of an electric guitar by far. It’s really how you differentiate a magic guitar from the rest.

Pickups can be changed, but how a string vibrates on a particular guitar is permanent. All that mechanical magic gets sensed by the pickups - good pickups don’t miss the nuances.

But the nuances must be present in the first place for the pickups to sense.

Congrats!!

Sorry noob question but, I always thought only PS had the headstock eagle. So how does one differentiate between a PS santana and a core santana?

Sorry noob question but, I always thought only PS had the headstock eagle. So how does one differentiate between a PS santana and a core santana?

The Private Stock will have a PS number on the back, along with Paul Reed Smith's signature in pen, plus the date of manufacture.
You can't miss a Private Stock if you look at the back of the headstock. The woods will most likely be unreal on top of that, but
the PS #, sig, and date penned on the back are the guarantee unless it's a good counterfeit.

Pickups are fairly bright on the new Santana... Plays well. Even if I decide later I don't like the pickups, I think
the guitar is a keeper so far. I DOOOOOO have one spare set of Zhangbuckers... Muuuahahahaaaaa...

Might have to install a push/pull pot or two for coil taps if I go ZhanTana

Dude, great top! Glad your first impressions are favorable.

As for "y'all go to bed early", my alarm goes off at 4:00 every morning. I have no idea what 10:00 looks like anymore.

As for "y'all go to bed early", my alarm goes off at 4:00 every morning. I have no idea what 10:00 looks like anymore.

Yeah... I used to do close to that when we had 4 steam units plus 5 hydros...

Now it's just a big dirt field and 5 hydros. The only time I have to get up at 4 ish anymore is if I have to
be at our Hilton Head Combustion Turbine site occasionally. After Jan 5th, the only thing I'll getting up for is recreational activities
and the treadmill run. :p

10:00 is when I'm usually just getting done with my workout. So, I'm usually pretty tired then too. Tired and wired. Usually takes 3 hours or so before I'm wound down and able to go to sleep.

So... do you feel different?

Well... of course........ I only got to do Axe FX III into studio headphones last night cuz the teacher wife
had a bunch of work to do. Hoping to crank it up nasty today after work!

While my cans are pretty close, the highs won't be quite as sizzley using amp/cab or modeler/FRFR.

Back